Chapter 3

Eren's P.O.V

  I guess she did have a point I was having fun. No I won't sing I told myself. "Hanji you know how I feel about singing. I only did it because you wouldn't stop begging me." I said fixing my gaze outside again.

     She sighed and looked at Levi. "How come you don't like singing brat? You're pretty good at it. And I think you shouldn't quit." Levi said. I glared at Hanji and gave her a look.

    She nodded and looked at the menu. "It's not that I hate singing in fact I love it. But I quit singing years ago. Tonight it was the first time I've sang in...never mind I rather not talk about it." I said looking down.

     The waiter came up to us. "Hello I'm Mikasa may I take your order?" She said. "Hey kasa I didn't know you got a job here?" I said. She smiled. "Hey Eren I haven't seen you in awhile. How are you?" She said looking at me.

     "I've been.....alright I helped Hanji out at the bar last night." I said pointing to Hanji. "Hey Mikasa haven't seen you in awhile. And I'll have some coffee." Hanji said. Mikasa nodded and wrote it down.

      "I'll have black tea." Levi said she nodded writing it down. She looked up at me. "I'll have a caramel coffee and you know what desert I like." I said and she nodded walking off.

     "Haven't seen her in awhile glad she's doing good." Hanji said smiling. "Yeah...." I mumbled. "Eren lighten up what happened wasn't your fault." Hanji said looking at me.

      Before I could reply Mikasa brought our stuff. "For Eren's friends it's on the house." She said smiling. Hanji smiled at her. "Thanks kasa.." I said taking my stuff. She nodded before walking off.

      I sighed and looked out the window. I was drowning out whatever Hanji was talking about. You're probably wondering what Hanji was talking about.

     Before me and Mikasa moved here we lived with our abusive father. He became like that after mum was killed. Her name was Carla and my fathers was Grisha.

  Anyway I went out with Jean and the others and left Mikasa at home. I figured She would be alright. I came home late that night. I thought she would have been fine. My phone was dead and so I couldn't call her.

    I walked in the house and it was awfully quiet. Normally Mikasa greets me. I walk up the stairs and hear crying. I run towards the crying. I slammed opened Mikasa door and saw her lying there bruised and beatin.

    "This is all your fault!!" She screamed at me. "What do you mean?" I asked her. "If you hadn't been out partying and actually answer your damn phone I wouldn't have been raped by Grisha!!" She screamed through the tears. "I-I'm Sorry Mika." I said tears welling up. "Save it. Get out I never want to see you again!!!" She snapped and I nodded. 

     "-ren, Eren!" I snapped out of my daze. "Y-yeah?" I said. Hanji looked at me with worry. "I'm fine I need to go alright I'll see you round." I said getting up. "Eren Wait!" Hanji said calling after me.

     I quickly ran out of the café and down the street. I end up in the park. Since I'm already here might as well sit by the lake. I sit down and look across the lake. Iove how the moon shines down on the lake.

Levi 's P.O.V.

  Eren suddenly left quickly. He was staring off into space out the window and even started to tear up. I turned towards Hanji and glared at her. "Oi, shit glasses you have five seconds to explain what's going on here or I bash your face in." I said. She gulped and looked down. "I don't know if Eren would like me to tell you but since I saw how he looked at you on stage I will." She said sighing.

    I nodded. "Well anyways I'll start with the beginning. You know that waitress named Mikasa?" She asked and I nodded. "We'll anyways that's Eren's adopted sister. They used to be really close. After his mother Carla died his father Grisha became abusive towards them. Eren always took Mikasa's place so she wouldn't get hurt.

   Once he turned 18 he and Mikasa moved out. They packed and left while Grisha was passed out. Eren worked two jobs just to pay the bills. Jean and some of his other friends from work invited him for a drink.

    He wasn't going too but they made him. His phone died on the way home so he couldn't call Mikasa. When he got home he found Mikasa crying. And she had been beat and raped by Grisha while Eren wasn't there." Hanji paused for a minute. "She told him that She never wanted to see him again and all that. That's why he was acting the way he was. As for why he left He had a flashback of that night." Hanji said.

    I nodded. "We'll that answers one question. Now why doesn't he sing anymore." I said looking at Hanji. She sighed and took a drink of her coffee. "Eren's mother was killed in front of him. That's all I kniw about that but he quit singing after that because it brought up memories he tried to forget. I almost lost him I love him he's always there to help you. He's the bestest friend anyone could ask for." She said finishing off smiling.

    I took a drink of my tea and set it back down. "What do you mean you almost lost him?" I asked. Hanji looked at me for a moment. "Mikasa doesn't know this only I do because I was the one who found him. He tried to kill himself that night." Hanji said.

    I looked down at my tea I didn't want anymore of it. "Do you know where he went?" I asked. She nodded. "He went to the park." I nodded and got up. I'm gonna see him again no matter what.