Chapter 16

Eren's P.O.V.

I wrapped my arms around Levi while he was cooking. He turned his head and I kissed him gently. After we ate we fell asleep cuddled up. And protected in each others embrace.

I woke up the next morning and got a shower. When I got out I noticed Levi was gone. I walked to th kitchen and saw him drinking his coffee. I chuckled as I walked and fixed mine.

"Hey Levi since I'm out of the hospital can we go to Hanji's tonight?" I asked. He thought for a minute. "Eh why not you're feeling better now." He said getting up. He put his glass in the sink and walked upstairs. I heard the shower turn on.

I grabbed my phone and texted Hanji.

Eren: Hey Hanji I'll work tonight.

Hanji: Really!? That's great how are you feeling?

Eren: I'm okay but Levi seems a little distant...

Hanji: I see...he will come back around!

Eren: Alright bye. And thanks

Hanji: No problem

I sigh and look at the time, it's already almost twelve. I here Levi walk down the stairs. I turn to look and see him only with sweatpants and a towel around his shoulders. I got ready to go later on.

(Time Skip: Hanji's Bar)

I arrived at Hanji's bar a little early. Before I walked up onstage I grabbed a guitar that I kept in the back. I walked onstage and began playing.

When I look into your eyes
It's like watching the night skies
Or a beautiful sunrise
Well, there's so much they hold
And just like then old stars
I see that you've come so far
To be right where you are
How old your soul?

Well, I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up

And when you're needing your space
To do some navigating
I'll be here patiently waiting
To see what you find

'Cause even the stars they burn
Some even fall to the earth
We've got a lot to learn
God knows we're worth it
No, I won't give up

I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily
I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make
Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use
The tools and gifts we got, yeah, we got a lot at stake
And in the end, you're still my friend at least we did intend
For us to work we didn't break, we didn't burn
We had to learn how to bend without the world caving in
I had to learn what I've got, and what I'm not, and who I am

I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up, I'm still looking up

Well, I won't give up
(No I'm not giving up)
God knows I'm tough
(I am tough, I am loved)
We've got a lot to learn
(We're alive, We are loved)
God knows we're worth it
(And we're worth it)

I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get tough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up...

I finished and walk backstage with tears in my eyes.

Levi's P.O.V.

Eren left a little early for Hanji's bar. I knew he was singing tonight. But I didn't plan on going. I'm not gonna lie I've been distancing myself from him.

I'm so scared in gonna lose him again. I sigh and run my fingers through my hair. I hear my phone go off. I look and see that it's Hanji's. She sent a video? I open it to see Eren onstage with a guitar.

I press play and he starts playing. It's a sad yet melodic tune. He starts to sing and I felt my eyes widen. He's playing this song with so much emotion.

I won't give up
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love

Those words were enough to shatter my heart. He trusts me so much. And yet all I've been doing is ignoring him. Distancing myself from him.

I thought I was hurting but no I was wrong he's hurting. And I'm the one who's doing it to him...it's my fault. I text Hanji asking if he's still there.

Levi: Is Eren still there?!

Hanji: No...after he got done singing he walked out. I think he was crying. What did you do?

I didn't respond I just took off running. I looked in the park...not there. I checked all the usual spots where he might be. I walk back home to see if he's there. Still no sign of him.

I looked at the clock it was 1a.m. If he's not back by tomorrow I'll call the police. I sit on the couch and wait. That's all I can do at the moment.

I must've fell asleep when I woke up it was 4 morning. I groaned and checked my phone. No calls or messages. I jump up when I hear the door open. It was Eren. His eyes were red and bloodshot.

He reeked of alcohol. "Eren are you okay?!" I said worriedly. He didn't say anything just walked past me. I watched him walk upstairs and heard the water turn on.

I've screwed up big time and it's all my fault. If I hadn't been an asshole then maybe Eren would be fine. I sigh in frustration and run my fingers through my raven hair.

I walk up the stairs and to the bedroom. Eren must still be in the bathroom. He opens the door and walks out with a pair of boxers on. He looks at me for a moment then hangs his head.

"I'm sorry for whatever I've done. Um I'll be out for a few days." He says throwing on some pants and a shirt. My eyes widened and I couldn't move. He grabbed his wallet and a few of his niceties and left. His last words to me were...

"Goodbye Levi.