3. A new love and a new secret

Moonbyul POV:
(Song recommended for this chapter:me gusta tu- gfriend)

I'm on my 2nd year of high school at Downtown Seoul Academy and honestly, it turned a little bit better ever since Solar came. Of course I have lots of friends including whee in and Hwasa; who I've known since middle school. She's just such a ball of light and energy. Me and her head to the cafeteria where we see those 2 goofballs. Next to them is Eric Nam. He has a messy bowl cut hair style and some pearly whites. I met him during kindergarten because we sat next to each other and ever since, we've been best friends. He's a really nice, popular guy. Me and Solar get our breakfast and go sit down in the 2nd year tables.
"Here comes the moon and sun!"
Eric, who was reading his notes from math, looks up. Solar introduces herself to him.
"I'm Solar, I just came last night and moved in with Moonbyul."
He smiles at her,
"I'm Eric. Me and Byulie go way back. Isn't that right?"
He looks at me with that stupid smirk. I sigh and say,
"I wish it wasn't true but sadly, it is."
He turns back to Solar. "What are you doing rooming with this loser? You seem too nice and pretty to end up with byul."
I reach over the table and give him a shove while the others laugh. Solar responds with, "I'm actually quite happy to end up with her FYI."
I turn and look and her, smiling at me. I smile back and start eating. Wheein jumps in out of nowhere,
"anyways, guys are going to go to the 3rd years' party on Friday, right?"
Curious, I turn to her.
"What do you mean?"
"A party? I definitely will be there!"
Hwasa adds in winking at us.
"My sister can let us in. Shes the one probably hosting anyways."
My sister is one of the most popular girls in the school. Her name's Kimmie. She looks like a taller, slightly more attractive version of me. Ever since my first year here, she's been sneaking me, Eric, Hwasa and Wheein into the school's hottest parties. Solar eagerly adds on,
"are you serious? Ive never been to a school party before."
Eric and Hwasa laugh.
"Clearly you haven't been to a school like this. When there's a party, it's the wildest night you will ever experience."
Eric closes his notes.
"Well, I'll be seeing you all later. Especially you sunshine; we need to get to know each other better."
He winks at her as he walks away. She's bright red and smiling like an idiot.
"How have you been here a night and already have one of the cutest guys here among the girls trying to get at you?"
Wheein rolls her eyes sarcastically.
"The last time I had a guy look at me that way it was my dad laughing at me after spilling my red bean paste on me."
We all laugh while wheein crosses her arms. "He is an attractive guy."
I roll my eyes. I cant believe she finds him attractive. Now she's like all the other girls here. I don't see him that way because we've been friends for so long. *school bell rings* we all get up and throw our stuff away. Hwasa asks,
"So what class are you in Solar?"
She puts her tray away.
"2-E."
She has the same home room as me.
"Ah, you're stuck with Eric and Byulie. Me and Wheein are right next to you in 2-D."
She looks at me.
"I mean it would be strange if we weren't, considering we're roommates and all."
We grab our bags and head to the second floor. I tell Hwasa and wheein,
"meet me in my room on Friday after last bell. Well get ready there."
They do finger guns at me, showing confirmation and walk into their class. As I'm about to open the door to class, Solar tugs my sleeve. I turn around and shes looking at me in a serious way for some reason. Did I do anything? She finally says something after a brief moment,
"Thank you, for introducing me to them, Moonbyul."
She smiles, but this time, it's different. You can see she's really grateful. I pat her head and reply with,
"no, thanks for coming and making my days here a little more fun."
She leans her head on me and we walk in. I sit in the back far left corner of the room while Eric sits 2 seats infront of me. There's an empty spot next to me. That's probably where she's going to sit. Our teacher, Ms. Esna introduces her to the class once the bell rings. I hear whispers among whispers abou how pretty she is. I assume she's going to be a popular girl anytime soon. Hopefully she won't forget about me.
"Miss kim yong sun, why don't you take a seat next to Miss moon byul yi."
She smiles at me while everyone looks at me. I guess I'm known for my charm among the girls in the 2nd and 1st year students. I don't know why though. They all eager with joy as they see her walk towards me. She sits down and looks at Eric eyeing her. I'm allowing whatever is happening to happen because Eric's a good guy and wouldn't hurt a fly since he's afraid of them, what a loser. Later after eating lunch and taking her to go get her gym uniform, we go back to class. During the middle of a lecture on Chinese characters intertwining with Hangul, a note gets passed to Solar. She reads it then gets red. I turn to her and whisper,
"whats with the tomato face?"
She moves her eyes to Eric. He's looking back at her smiling. After he turns back around, she hands me the note: "meet me on the roof on Friday at 11:30. -Eric :)"
I look at her, moving my eyebrows up and down at her. She starts giggling; embarrassed, she whispers back,
"I may think that i might be getting a boyfriend soon."
I roll my eyes and smile. That would be really disappointing to not see that happen. They remind me of a love story about two star-crossed lovers. Then the thought of last night when she leaned in with that smirk on her face enters my mind. What are you doing? Not again! I turn red and start to sweat. I don't want to tell her just yet about me liking girls. I don't want her to know until I find myself comfortable with her.. and when I do, i know something is definitely bound to happen. The bell rings and me and her take off to our dorm hall, with her clinging onto my arm with her head on my shoulder. I don't know what she's doing to make me feeling this type of way but its probably nothing.