17. Hold Me tight.

Moonbyul POV:

I put my phone down on the side of me as I finish up my texting with Solar. She's only going to be gone for 2 hours, no biggie. I look at her side of the wall at the pictures she taped up. Now that I think of it, I haven't actually looked at them. I get up and go look at them up close. There's one of Hwasa and wheein with ice cream in their hands, smiling like two good balls. The one next to it is of our other friends: Sowon, Yuju, SinB, Eunha, Yerim and Umji during field day. I remember that like it was yesterday. It was Solar's first field day and we were grouped with the 6 of them, plus Hwasa and Wheein. She was just so happy to be in it, she didn't care if we won or if we lost. Seeing her like that makes me see her real self, and I find it beautiful. I spin and smile like an idiot the more I think about her. I plop back onto my bed and look up at the ceiling stars and think about the first night we met. She made a comment about them saying that she's hasn't seen them since she was a child. I laugh to myself as I think about how I'm still afraid of the dark. After looking up at the ceiling for a brief moment I sit up and look at the clock. She's still going to be gone for another hour and a half.
"What to do,"
I look around the room to see what I could be doing. I have pocky waiting on solars bed, I have the TV set up, what else is there to do??
I think long and hard for a good second or two before I give up and groan from boredom. I plop my butt on the edge of my bed and pout. I look over at the mirror hanging on the door. Maybe I should change my outfit... I look down at myself . I'm wearing a white button up shirt tucked into my shorts. I mean, it's not bad... right? I look at the clock once more. It is night time, I should put on pajamas. As I take off my shorts and unbutton my shirt, I find myself looking at the stupid ugly scar on top of my heart. Through the mirror, I see its ugly lining across my chest. I immediately have a flashback to when I showed it to Solar. Every time she sees it she gets so cautious around me, like I'm some sort of helpless baby. I quickly cover it up with this oversized black shirt and throw on a pair of old black booty shorts.
"This is comfy enough,"
I say to myself as I go sit back on my bed.
Its nice that I have time to myself for an hour or so, though. I grab my book and read without Solar singing and stomping her heavy feet on the floor and calling it "dancing". An hour passes by and suddenly the door bursts open. I jump up like a fire cracker due to the unexpected timing of this. I look at the door and there was Solar in tears. I immediately get up and hug her.
"What happened? Are you okay?"
I shut the door behind her as she stays silent, clinging onto me. I let her hold onto me as long as she needs me to. After a minute or so, she looks up at me and says,
"I was so excited to talk about you, I didn't want to hide myself to her,"
She starts to cry even harder.
"I thought she'd understand, I really did."
She looks down in shame as I stand there.
I don't know what to do, my mom sent me here because of my confession to her.
"Solar-"
"I'm leaving on the last day of summer."
we both meet eyes as my heart drops. I freeze as I can feel me starting to tear up.
"There- there's got to be a way, I'm not letting this happen,"
I grab her hand. She grips mine tightly as she lets tears roll down her face.
"She doesn't even know me personally, how does she have a say in who we want to love or not?? She can't!"
I let go of her hand and star pacing back and forth with my hands behind my head. She stands there as she watches me. Suddenly, she grabs and turns me around. We meet eyes once again.
"I'll do whatever it takes to stay here and most importantly, stay here with you."
Her fingers intertwine with mine as she locks her eyes onto mine.
"You're one of the best things that ever happened to me. You make me want to be the real me, there's never a reason why I should I hide myself when I'm with you."
I've never heard Solar say something like that before to me.
"There's no way I'm ever going to let you out of my life. I promise that even if it does happen, which I hope to god it doesn't, I will never forget you."
She grips my hand tighter than before.
"We're not going to leave each other. We'll work this out Solar."
As silence fills the room with the light of the moon, we stand in the middle of this as it seems spinning room and hold each other for as long as possible. I never want to let go. I just want to have you for the rest of the night if she'd let me. I just want you for the rest of our lives if you mind. I start to feel a pain in my chest as I hold her there. I ignore it as I focus on trying to figure out a way to change her mom's mind on me. I just want her to be able to be her true self with me by her side.