Chapter 1

Hermione's P.O.V.

I was running. My bare, bloody feet were screaming at me to stop and rest. The cold breeze freezing my barely covered body. My stomach ached from hunger, and my legs threatened to give out at any moment.

He was right behind me, getting closer by the second. I knew I lost. I couldn't escape him. He was much faster than me; he was only pretending to put up a struggle.

I screamed as he tripped me and pinned me to the ground. The rough pavement scratched my soft skin. He knelt on my back, so I couldn't move.

“Ron, please,” I sobbed, “let me go.”

He muttered a spell, so ropes tightly bound my wrists.

“Shut it, Mudblood,” he sneered, “you could have gotten out of it. We were going to kill you today, end it; you would never feel pain again. Now you get to spend the rest of your life a slave, congratulations.”

"W - what?"

"We're sick of you, so I'm gonna sell you."

He pulled me to my feet, by my hair, and threw me over his shoulder. I whimpered in pain before he apparated.

We came to a brightly lit building. Ron muttered a few cleaning spells, so I looked physically better and carried me down the hall.

He dropped me on the ground in front of a desk.

"I want to enter my slave in the auction," he stated.

I stayed completely silent, knowing that if I spoke, I would receive a punishment.

"Name of slave?" The woman asked in a bored tone.

"Hermione Granger."

Before I knew it, I was being thrown on a stage. Ron kicked my chest when I fell, resulting in the sickening crack of my ribs.

"Pathetic! Can't even stand on your own two feet!" He laughed.

He pulled me back up by my hair as the auction started. I tried to stand, so my hair wouldn't be pulled from my scalp, but I couldn't support myself. I tried to look confident, but I was absolutely terrified.

We waited about an hour before I was up. Ron held me at the edge of the stage.

"Let's start the bidding at a hundred gallions for Hermione Granger," the auctioneer yelled.

There was a rumble through the crowd at my name. Instantly, people started yelling numbers.

It was a couple minutes before he said the final words that would change my life.

"SOLD TO DRACO MALFOY FOR TWO - THOUSAND GALLIONS!"

Before I could react, something hit my head and knocked me out.

Draco's P.O.V.

“Draco, why don't you get a Mudblood? Everyone and their mother has one,” Bellatrix asked.

I thought about it for a moment. I could help someone from being taken by other death eaters. I could help someone have a better life.

“I suppose,” I sighed.

"Well?"

"Alright, I'll be back in a few."

I apparated.

I sat at the auction for an hour or so before I was ready to leave. I stood up to leave before I heard a familiar name.

“Hermione Granger!”