Bonus Chapter 3

Hermione's POV ~ A eight months later

I searched the fridge for something to eat. It was full, but it had nothing to eat.

Nothing looked appetizing. I sighed and stood up. I saw a spill on the floor and quickly grabbed a handtowel to clean it up.

My condition has been getting worse. Draco even had carpet put everywhere in the house except the kitchen to keep any falls I have cushioned.

I needed to keep all hazards away.

I had trouble getting back up. My stomach was huge. When I reached up to grab the counter, I hadn't realized the spill started up there.

As I tried to pull myself up, my hand slipped and I hit my face on the counter.

I passed out.

~ * ~ * ~

"No, I want the best healer you have!" I heard my husband demand.

"Sir, the costs - "

"I don't care how much it costs! I have the money! I want the best healer you can get!"

My eyes slowly opened, well, one of them. The other was swollen shut.

My stomach felt weird. I ran my hand over the huge bump as I tried to remember what happened. I was having weird pains in the lower half of it.

It clicked into my mind that I fell.

"She's awake!" Blaise gasped, catching everyone's attention.

Draco left the doctor's side and went straight to mine. His hand slid gently on my cheek.

"Hermione, Love, how do you feel?" He rushed, gently stroking my cheek.

"My stomach doesn't feel right," I murmured. "And my eye hurts."

"Hermione, I want you to listen closely, okay?"

Once I nodded, he continued.

"You went into labor a half hour ago. You're going to get a c - section in a few minutes," he explained. "Can you tell me what happened?"

"I slipped and hit my face. It knocked me out," I croaked. "It was around noon, I think."

"Yeah, Theo went to check on you on his break. I gave him permission to enter the house so he could get past the wards. Lucky was whimpering and barking in the kitchen when Theo found you unconsious. You've been knocked out for two days," my husband whispered. "The healers said you had a very dangerous concussion. When you fell, you hit your head hard."

I felt a sudden sharp pain below my hips. My hands suddenly grabbed Draco's arms. It was too late to have a c - section.

"Hermione?" Draco rushed.

"Baby's coming, baby's coming, baby's coming!" I shouted as more pain increased.

"Get the healer!" Draco told Blaise before he turned back to me. "Don't worry, we'll get you to the OR - "

"Baby's coming now!" I screamed.

A healer rushed in with Blaise. Theo and Blaise stood to the side as the healer checked to see if the baby was coming too much for a c - section.

"It's too late, she'll have to do it naturally," the healer stated.

"She can't - "

"I can do it! I can do it!" I cut my husband off in a loud screech.

I did. It wasn't even ten minutes later that Draco was holding our baby. I was exausted. The pain was a fairy kiss compared to the torture I'd received in the past, so it wasn't the hard part. Towards the end, black dots filled my vision from the strain I was put through.