Chapter 17

Draco's P.O.V

I quickly tried to carry Hermione back to the room. Luck was not on my side today as I was stopped by my aunt.

"Why are you holding that?" She sneered.

"Torture went a bit too far. She's not consious enough to get back to my room. It's awful hard to have fun on a hard floor, so I'm taking her to my room myself," I lied smoothly.

Hermione started shaking a bit. Bellatrix grinned and pointed her wand at Hermione.

"Crucio."

Hermione screamed and writhed in my arms.

"There, now you can go have your fun," my aunt smirked, striding down the hall.

I rushed Hermione to my room and set her on the bed. She started hyperventilating, and she moved as quickly away from me as she could.

"Hermione?" I asked, moving towards her.

"P - please don't! I - I didn't... I'm s - sorry I ran just please - "

"Hermione, I'm not going to do anything. I was lying to my aunt, so you wouldn't get as hurt. Now please let me heal you."

She shook her head wildly as a few tears dropped down her face. I knew I'd upset her too many times today.

"Just let me heal you, then I will leave you alone for a while. Just let me fix the wounds," I pleaded.

"I'm used to pain, you don't have to heal me," she whispered.

"No person should ever be used to pain or - "

"According to everyone except you, your mum, and friends, I'm not a person," she stated.

I resisted the urge to start yelling at her, knowing I'd pushed her far too much today. If I wanted to keep her trust, I needed to stay calm.

"Hermione, what did I tell you about talking like that?" I asked her calmly.

"That we are equal, which isn't true," she mumbled the last part.

"Hermione - "

Her hand shot to her chest as her eyes squeezed shut.

"Hermione?! What is it?" I rushed, moving closer to her.

"It just hurts again," she mumbled.

I drew my wand and muttered a quick soothing spell. She let out a sigh of relief.

"There, isn't that better than waiting it out?" I asked her.

"Much."

~ * ~ * ~

I jerked on the bed when my wrist caught on fire. I quickly stood up and grabbed a few potions from the cupboard and a little food. I set it on the nightstand.

"Hermione, I'm being summoned. Don't leave this room. I'm going on a mission today," I stated, getting up.

Just before I apparated, she grabbed my hand.

"Stay safe," she mumbled.

"You too," I smiled at her.

She released me, so I apparated.

Hermione's P.O.V.

I slowly sat up and stretched, wincing at the pain. Draco had apologized a few hours ago, so we decided to relax for a while.

I looked beside me on the table. He'd left lots of pain releif potions, and five sleeping droughts. I began to wonder how long he'd be gone if he left so much.

~ * ~ * ~

It was a long time before I heard the door close. I woke from my light sleep.

"Draco?" I asked with my eyes closed.

"Nope," a familular voice replied.

I quickly sat up with wide eyes. I hissed in pain and held my chest. Theo rushed to my side and used a few healing spells.

"Thank you," I sighed.

"It's my job," he smiled.

His smile quickly faded.

"Where do you keep your clothes?" He asked me.

"Why?" I asked, my voice really high.

"Because Draco asked me to take you to my house for a few days. I will explain more at my house," he replied softly.

I pointed to a cabinet, so he went and grabbed a few outfits.

"Ready to go?" He smiled, coming towards me.

"Where's Draco? Why are you taking me?"

I couldn't help it, I started to panic. I quickly couldn't breathe. Theo put the clothes down and tried to keep me from passing out.

He slowly helped me.

"I - I'm s - sorry," I gasped. "I - I haven't been away since D - Draco brought back here. I d - don't want - "

"I know, Hermione. Draco asked me to come and get you. I'll explain more when you're safe," he told me, moving to pick me up.

I flinched when he lifted me into his arms. He handed me the clothes and apparated.

I felt nauseous now. Theo quickly set me on the bed.

"Are you okay? I didn't really think about how apparating would affect you," he stated, making sure I wasn't splinched or anything.

"I'm f - fine," I stuttered. "Where's Draco?"

Theo sat next to me on the bed.

"I need you to try and stay calm, okay?" He asked me.

I nodded quickly.

"Well, Draco was injured on his mission. He was hit straight on with a Sectumsempra. Lucius brought him to the hospital just in time for me to heal him. He's okay now, but he needs time to rest and recover."

One word was all I could feel, think, anything.

P A N I C

My chest throbbed as I tried to breathe. It wasn't seconds before I was hyperventilating. I could hear Theo’s voice, but I couldn't understand him.

I felt hands touching my face, but they made it worse.

Draco was hurt. He was away from me. He almost died. He could have died. He still might die.

I blacked out.