Chapter 21

Draco's P.O.V

Theo got me into the main room in my house. I saw my aunt and uncle sitting together on a couch across from my father. Mother was sitting by him, and Hermione was standing out of the way.

My aunt was up in seconds and standing in front of me.

"How are you feeling?" She asked me.

"Fine - "

She slapped me, hard.

"Then why is it that we are all in trouble because you couldn't complete your mission?!" She shrieked.

Theo pushed her back.

"He just got out of the hospital! You can't just slap him around!" He shouted.

My uncle stood up and pushed Theo back.

"You do not lay your hands on my wife!" My uncle shouted.

"Your wife does not lay her hands on my paitent!" Theo shouted louder.

My uncle had his wand out before anyone could react and shot a cruciatus curse at Theo.

"Protego!" Someone rushed.

A shield protected Theo from the curse. We all quickly turned to see who it was.

Hermione was there, in the corner, holding my wand. I hadn't seen her in action in so long, I forgot she could fight.

Almost instantly, Hermione dropped the wand and bolted. My aunt ran right after her screaming curses.

I wanted to help, but I knew I shouldn't. I knew Bellatrix wouldn't kill her, as Hermione wasn't hers. If I interfeared, both of us would be killed.

I flinched when screams echoed down the large hallways. I looked at Theo, who was completely frozen with shock.

My aunt came back with a large smirk on her face.

"Theodore, you might want to go keep the little brat from bleeding to death on my carpet," she smirked.

Theo apparated me back to my room and quickly went to search for Hermione. I started pulling healing potions from my cupboard. 

My aunt had used so many curses, it would be hard to treat all of them. It was a few minutes before Theo rushed in with Hermione in his arms.

She looked worse than I'd ever seen her before. Her skin was completely white. Blood smears covered her body. She had so many wounds. She was unconscious.

Theo started to heal her.

Narcissa's P.O.V

"Cissy, you might want to help, Theodore. I do believe Draco likes the Mudblood a bit. He stopped bringing one night stands home. Let's keep it that way," my sister told me.

I nodded quickly and rushed upstairs. My heart sank when I found a puddle of blood with a trail leading to Draco's room. I quickly charmed it clean and rushed to Draco's room.

It was a disaster. Everything was covered in blood. Theodore was using tons of healing spells on Hermione's pale body.

"Mother, Theo needs a box that's on his desk," Draco stated.

I didn't question it, I just apparated. Once Theodore had the box, he pulled out tons of potions. I rushed over to help.

It was close to an hour when we finished. Hermione was still unconsious. Theo had made her drink tons of blood replenishing potion and the spells he used were extremely complicated.

I started to try and clean up.

"Theodore, can you pick her up, so I can change the sheets?" I asked him.

"No, she's finally stable. It could hurt her far too much if I picked her up."

I sighed and tried some complicated healing spells that were designed to get out blood. Once the sheets were clean, I started to get the blood off Hermione. I charmed pj's on her and cleaned her skin.

"I guess that's better," I sighed.

Draco's P.O.V

"I need to go downstairs and talk to your aunt," Mother told me. "I'll be back later."

She shut and locked the door on her way out.

"I can't believe she did that," Theo stated. "Why would she do that?"

"She's too compassionate for her own good," I shook my head.

"I don't understand though. It was a cruciatus... how did she... I don't understand why she would risk her life, just to keep me from a cruciatus."

"She cares about us," I stated.

He pursed his lips for a moment.

"Do you know when she'll wake up?" I asked as he helped me on the bed.

"I can't be sure. She lost a lot of blood. Muggles take over a year to recover from the amount of blood loss she had, but the blood replenishing potion knocked most of that off... she could be asleep for days, weeks even," he explained.

"Weeks?"

"A month at most," he clarified.

I sighed.

"I'll be back soon. I still have work," Theo stated.

I waved as he apparated. I laid beside Hermione and gently brushed my fingers on her cheek.