11. An Angel, a Princess, and a Devil.

Calloway ascended the stairs in the castle. After some convincing with knowledge only he knew Silvia broke down in tears and then it took nearly an hour to calm her down. Afterward she was more than willing to disclose the rest of the information that he desired.

At the top of the stairs there was a grand hallway dressed with the finest of all elven designs and drapery. A line of doors on either side of the hallway were decorated with the same flourishing luxury.

"Eeny meany miney, oh it's this one." With [Greater shadow step] he was able to walk through the hallway without making a sound or letting his presence known. There were four towers that each housed a treasured stone. They were powerful spirit stones that could contain the most powerful of summoned creatures. The High Elementals.

He picked a door and at the end of another hallway, then went through another door. Inside the last room was a room that resembled a small chapel. It had high windows and gorgeous paintings. At the far end of the room was a mural it was a beautiful rendition of the room's occupant. A hooded angelic woman with flowing wings.

"Who goes there?" A disembodied female voice rang like angelically through the room.

"Just little old me. Hey Lucinda, want to go on an adventure?"

Lucinda was an earth high elemental and her design was strongly based on the female angel of hope from Blizzard's Diablo 3. Minor changes included the silver sword and shield she wielded as well as the lack of ribbon wings. The wings were replaced by the same luminescent dust cloud that followed all the Wraith class Earth Elementals.

She appeared before him with her guard lowered.

"It can't be..." her weapons dropped from her hands.

"In the flesh, let me introduce you to your temporary replacement, his name is Sarge."

** ** **

There she was.

Calloway was on his way out of the castle when he saw HER. The Princess. His entire body froze as he watched her discuss something from a distance with some Elven dignitaries.

She was just as beautiful as he remembered if not more so. The elegance and dignity she had as she held herself stole his breath. Here was a doll that now breathed the same air as him, a doll he'd fallen in love with. Doll, no. She was no mere doll, she never was. She was his companion in many ways as he led her around the city when he went on his creation benders. She was a sound board as he contemplated how to make the city better. She was all that, and the single strongest NPC in the entire kingdom.

It was easy to forget that her back story was as the nomadic warrior maiden. Her height wasn't impressive as she was not often taller than most of the Elven men or women. Her skin wasn't as fair as the fallen snow, and she would never be a damsel in distress.

These were the exact qualities that Calloway loved about her. He loved things that defied traditional stereotypes, especially when they seemed like they could fit that way.

Her eyes were not clear blue, they were green cat eyes that could pierce the darkness. Her hair did not shimmer gold against the sun, it flowed crimson from her head like rivers of blood. Her skin wasn't milky white, it was pale with freckles that looked like she'd been seasoned with cinnamon sugar. Her face did not bear the familiar flourishing white silver marks of royalty and power. Instead two light brown lines came from her hairline down to her cheek bones over her eyes like teeth. On more line stretched from her bottom lip to the bottom of her chin. Her dress may have been elegant and covered most of her, but it also covered the tattoos of the warrior goddess that dressed her arms, legs and most of her body.