88. The Oldest Oath Renewed

There was an elf at the door of the Grand assembly room, he took Cal's invitation. Cal spoke a few words to him and the elf slammed his long staff on the ground.

"Intordu-cing the representatives of the Verdant Oathkeepers Adventurers Guild; Guildmaster Cal O'heira Von Dravenkin from the Western Shore, blood brother of Ten'lo O'heira Von Dravenkin, Assistant Guildmaster Wendy Starchaser, and the Guildmaster's personal assistant Seamus Cabinboy!"

Seamus clicked his tongue when Cal went so far as to makes his name announced as cabinboy.

Cal led them through the assortment of elves and elementals. At the end of the hall Shayley stood infront of her throne in white dress so grand, it put every other person in the hall to shame. It was both elegant and entrancing.

Her hair was done up in an assortment of pearl laced jewelry and white gold. White gold chains hung from her neck in a graceful show of wealth and tasteful modesty. She had on enough make up to make her glow. From her ears, dangled suns and half-moons accented with black and white.

Shayley was a warrior princess through and through. Her right arm was covered in light mithril armor from her gauntlet on her hand to the spaulder on her shoulder. Emblazoned from top to bottom were red enchantments made from hundreds of rubies of various sizes.

Even though her long dress pooled around her feet there was a slit revealing her right leg. It was covered in lacey stockings embroidered with more white gold that teased until they met Shayley's knee high boots that were as much for battle as they were for show. If that wasn't enough there was a decorative knife strapped to her upper thigh so if you were teased by her skin you knew that it was off limits.

Strapped to her left hip was a long thin blade whose straps wound around her body provocatively accenting her curves. The seventh Verse, one of the most infamously dangerous blades among Elvenkind.

On her left arm was a loose see through sleeve that looked like it might blow away with the slightest breeze. Underneath it was a long white glove that covered her entire arm from her shoulder to her hand. It left only one place of the skin bare and that was her ring finger which accented the ring placed there.

To Shayley's right and left were the Sylvan knights, each dressed in their own battle ready formal wear. Shayley's throne was on the second of two platforms. On the first stood the members of the Council of Guardian elements. A set of stairs went from before the throne in an unbroken path to the floor of the hall.

The hall was huge enough to fit 2500 normal sized elves between the large pillars that lined it on either side length wise and 4000 if it were filled to capacity. It was heavily decorated for the occasion. Even the outer walls were lined with Elves in decorative Royal guard armor.

A long crimson carpet stretched from the base of Shayley's throne to the entrance. It was littered with Nobles, high ranking merchants, various powerful Elementals, other species from the council, as well as noteworthy druids and their familiars.

It was a gaudy utopian display of the power within the city.

Cal led Wendy and Seamus up the stairs and kneeled before Shayley.

"Welcome dear Guildmaster, I am pleased you were able to make it today. You and yours may rise."

"I will always come when you call my princess. Forever and always."

Cal and Shayley's wore masks of their professional stations. Not even a flirtatious gaze passed between them. Not in this crowd. The three stood up before the princess.

"Wendy, it is always a pleasure. May I say that dress will make more than one man jealous of your husband tonight."

"I am honored your grace." Wendy bowed.