62. A Clandestine gathering

Cal and Shayley left the lightning elements in the hands of the earth clan. It was time to meet with the next council member.

A hawk came out of the sky and landed on Cal's shoulder. It didn't have a written message of any kind. Between druids, animals themselves carried those messages.

"I see, thank you. Take me to them. Shay, it's time to meet our newest way to upset the nobles." Cal smiled mischievously.

"You know I love it when you get that look on your face, even if it makes my job that much harder."

They followed the hawk outside the city, they were extra careful that they weren't followed by any of the Diests member's spies or assassins. It was all thanks to Seamus who met them outside the city.

"So you are the young man who's been following us." Shayley looked at the kneeling boy before them.

"This is my new Cabin boy, Seamus." Cal leaned down and ruffled the boy's hair with both hands.

"Master, that is unbecoming someone of your stature," Seamus ground his teeth.

"Then stand up, I need your eyes on the prize not the ground, welcome to culture shock ninja-turned-pirate kid." He lightly slapped both Seamus's cheeks playfully until Seamus fought back and stood up.

They proceeded outside of the city until they met a deer who lead them into the forest.

"Oh my god I'm so excited!" Cal exclaimed unable to hide his excitement. "Well it's time to suit up." Cal pulled out a tarot card and his clothes transformed into his druid attire. He flipped his mask on, it had the silver design representing the wise owl on it this time instead of the blank one he wore when he met the Dravenkin.

"The silver owl huh?" Shayley observed.

"The neutral symbol of wisdom. It's well respected in the forest, he is a friend to all and an enemy to none. Great for peace, bad for war." He gave a blank mask to Seamus to hide his identity.

Shayley pouted, "but now I can't see your face, babe."

They were a sight to be seen, an Archdruid, a masked boy in a butler uniform, and the warrior princess in leathers. They approached an archdruid party waiting for them under a canopy, touches encircled them surrounding a stone well. The druids had antlers which symbolized their status and rank as forest druids. Cal wore a mask since he was a druid of familiars.

Forest druids surrounded themselves with creatures of the forest where Familiar druids chose a partner. Forest druids would take on aspects of the creatures of the forest like growing antlers. Familiar druids shared their very lifeforce with their familiar. They often wore masks representing the animals they shared bonds with in order to honor them, and show other druids the wisdom or power they've obtained.

"When are you going to wear Fenrir's, I'd be interested in what that looks like." Shayley asked.

"Fenrir?" Seamus asked.

"That's a story for another time cabin boy. We have business to settle." Cal stopped the conversation before it could go any further.

The Druid with the largest horns approached druid Cal. "Archdruid, it is an honor."

"Barnabas, it's a pleasure as always. I have brought Princess Shayley, and my assistant Seamus."

"Gaia's blessings be upon you Princess Shayley, and assistant Seamus. I am archdruid Barnabas first chair of Druids and these are my companions Archdruids Vindis, Gregory, and Charlotte."

"""Gaia's blessing be upon you."""

"Enchanted," Princess Shayley smiled.

"It's my honor," Seamus bowed.

"Our guests?" Cal asked.

"They will be along shortly." Barnabas answered.

After a short while there was some movement in the woods.

"Please excuse my tardiness master, we have finished preparations." A young girl with transparent skin and clothes that looked like they were part of her body.

Second chair of the water, slime queen Titania. She was a rare and dangerous black and white slime with white skin and black goth Lolita clothes.

"Thank you Titania, your work tonight will help set in motion the future."

"Princess, Barnabas, I always delight in seeing you two." Titania curtseyed. Despite her childlike appearance her personality was closer to that of a serial killer than a little girl. When Tiki mentioned eating the enemies of the water clan she was morbidly serious. If Titania wasn't regularly fed, she'd feed on the citizens and their pets with no remorse.

"Oh, don't give me that face princess, thanks to master I'm well fed tonight." Titania licked her semi-transparent fingers. "In fact, I'm a little bloated. Master you're too mean, I know I'm a glutton, but you're going to make me fat at this rate." She winked flirtatiously.

"They're here," Barnabas said.

Nine unhuman figures came out of the forest toward the well. A trio of drider warriors, a lamia princess and her tribal escort, and a humanoid wasp drone in a toga with two heavily armored female warriors.

"Master, they are..." Seamus couldn't begin to imagine what came so easily to Cal.

"Reinforcements... And it's about damn time." Cal patted the stunned dark elf on the shoulder. "Excelent work, Barnabas. With this we may just save our city."