18. Quest Declined!

"Welcome to the new Adventures Guild hall!" He beckoned the ladies over to the new building conjoined with Peter's tavern.

Project complete: Basic Adventures guild w/café

A place for adventures to gather, obtain quests, quest rewards, and with a Café built in a place to eat. No guild would be complete without a building. Now all that is left is to name the guild.

Select guild name

Now/later

Later

The ladies were astounded as the first floor of the first story building resembled the café they had owned.

"The third story is you new residence, you'll find it surprisingly similar to your old one with some minor improvements. All your possessions should be there though. The second floor is for new adventures who need a place to rest as well as rooms set aside with medicine. The first floor has this open space conjoined with Peter's tavern for merriment and relaxation. In the back is office space and the kitchen. Please go make sure things are in order and report back."

Calloway's smug grin faded when they left. He dragged himself over to the chair behind the counter that would be the central hub for new adventurers.

"Who would have thought that I'd be a slave owner, and that my first adventurer is being forced into this." The mental fatigue from the last couple of days was catching up to him.

Wendy came down the stairs and approached Cal. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying but now she stood before him as the picture of propriety.

"Everything seems to be in order, Master. Is there anything else that you need?" Wendy was more mature than her daughters and well-practiced in manners. All of this helped her aching pride in order to face her owner.

"Wendy, please take a seat." Calloway motioned to the other chair behind the counter. He was still in disguise and none of the ladies suspected his true identity.

"Yes Master." She took a seat next to him, but her back never bent.

"Speak your mind, Wendy. I have no ill intentions toward you or your daughters."

"It is true that I am grateful to have my daughter back. I would have laid down my very life for hers, but..."

"But?"

"This new lifestyle is going to be an adjustment for my daughters, especially Naomi. She's never been one to be obedient. She is always questioning everything."

"Don't I know that."

"But Yvette is good natured, she is curious about the world but in a different way. But I'm sure you should have no trouble with her if you bed her gently."

New Quest: Bed Naomi and/or Yvette.

As slaves these girls are bound to their master's orders. Indentured servitude among the elves doesn't always reflect money owed, sometimes they represent favors or deeds of incredible worth. Customarily, no slave would turn down an opportunity to pay with their own favors, and no slave can disregard a direct order.

Yes/no

"Whoa! Bring it back. Bed her?" Calloway's face heated up.

"Isn't it normal for slaves to be used in those ways? But if you would take me instead or a least first, I'd be grateful for the kindness of sparing my daughters any amount of misery." Wendy's face was stone cold, but her hands clenched the folds in her dress.

"Wendy, I have no designs on the chastity of you or your daughters. I merely require the help of some people whose loyalty is assured." Waved his hands around awkwardly.

Wendy's eyes widened. "You mean you're not going to-"

"No! Gods no! My heart belongs to another. Your daughters are fine women but I don't lust after them. Okay maybe there is a little lust, but I have no intention of betraying the one I love any more than I already have."

Quest declined

Wendy's eyes began to water as her deepest fears were set at ease. She soon buried her face in her hands and sobbed. When she finished. She dabbed her eyes with a handkerchief that Calloway offered her. "Pardon me, I know that we were talking."

"All is forgiven. Wendy, I want you to speak candidly, I have already spoken with Naomi on the topic but I want to know your mind on it. What are your thoughts on this Brother Calloway?"

Wendy sniffled and dried the last of her tears. "I share the same mind as my daughters on the subject, though I am less aggressive then Naomi. I knew Brother Calloway as a kind-hearted gentleman who graced us with his love. He performed a miracle and gave me back my husband's life. But I have never considered him a deity."

"I see. And what of his engagement to the princess? Is it wrong for him to have proposed and simply left?"

"Master, that is a very sensitive topic."

"I understand. But as one who is married. Is there redemption for such a man? If your love returned after such a long departure could you still love him? Maybe at this point it would be better if Calloway never returned?"

"You are an idiot, Master."

"Ouch, please explain."

"You know nothing of a woman's love. We love deeply, and as long lived as we Elves are, we do not take marriage so lightly. I have also seen the love of the princess, and it is not one that can be compared to another."

"But he's been gone for so long. What if he missed his chance?"

"As long as the Princess remains faithful there will always be a chance."

"And if he returned and called off the marriage?"

"They'd still get married."

"How can you say that with such certainty?"

"Because I've seen the way that Calloway looked at the Princess, and I know the Princess. She'd chase down the man and win his heart if it took all of eternity. She's not the type to just roll over and die."

"That is all for that subject. Please familiarize yourself with the building and be ready to open the guild hall tomorrow. I'm going to retire for the evening."

Calloway excused himself and entered his office, there was a single chair and a desk. He closed the door behind him and collapsed to the hard floor.

"Nggh, so tired." Calloway passed out from all exhaustion of the day.