Issue #5: Planet of the Apes Part 3: Date with Death

Your POV

"I'm not... sure if I'm really... that hot right now..." I said. One of my eyes was slowly closing and I was starting to doze off.

"Oh, trust me, you are." Poison Ivy said. She took off my mask and looked surprised.

"What?" I asked her.

"I guess I was actually right." She said. She looked like she was debating kissing me or not. Don't know if that's an insult because she doesn't want want to kiss me or a compliment because she doesn't want to kiss me because if she does, I'm dead. As she was she saw Duela starting to get up, still coughing blood. Poison Ivy had a vine grab her and wrap around her neck, choking her.

"Hey! That's my friend! Let her go!" I tried to yell.

"Sorry but your little friend here did a lot of damage to my green. And you don't mess with my green." She said. I looked at Duela who was choking and saw a tear fall out of her eye. Probably gonna die for this. I used all of my strength to lift up my arm and shot the vine with a fire bullet. It let go of Duela and shriveled up. I looked back at Poison Ivy.

"Sorry." I said.

"So am I for what I'm about to do." She said grabbing my face. "Kiss me, lover!" She said. She was about to kiss me before I could reject it when somebody whistled at us.

"'Ey, Red! Haven't seen ya in ages! Whatcha got there?" Harley said. She was wearing some sort of war helmet, a belt covered in grenades, and a huge fucking machine gun.

"Harls? What are you doing here?" Ivy asked her.

"Oh y'know, just savin' my teammates."

"Wait, you're one of them?"

"Yup, now I'm askin' you nicely to let the cutie go."

"Sorry, Harls, but this one is mine." She said grabbing me into a hug. "Why don't you run back to your disgusting clown boyfriend?"

"I asked you nicely and you respond by bringing up my past mistakes. Thanks. Great girl to girl talk, Ivy." Harley said sarcastically. "Before you get any ideas..." she said before she took out a pistol and then shoT IT AT ME!? Wait, it wasn't a bullet but whatever it was it did sting. Waitaminute...

"DID YOU JUST TRANQUILIZE ME!?" I asked her with adrenaline pumping before I passed out.

Harley Quinn POV

"What in Mother Nature... why did you do that!?" Red asked me.

"He wasn't supposed to pass out..." I muttered to myself. "But to answer your question: That's the same shot you gave me that made me immune to your powers and poisons. I was just making sure that in the off chance I ever did let you kiss 'im, you wouldn't kill 'im."

"So you're saying if I kiss him, he won't die?"

"I said in the off chance I'd let you." I said aiming a second pistol at her. "Which I'm not." She tossed (Y,N) next to Duela and used a vine to swat the gun out my hand.

"I guess this'll be our last dance, Harley." She said.

"Don't say that! You're Breakin' My Heart, Red..." I told her holding back tears.

"That's not all I'm going to break." Ivy said before kicking me down to the floor.

"Owie!" I said holding my head.

Duela POV

I started to regain consciousness and looked next to me to see (Y,N). Please don't be dead! I turned him over and he was still visibly breathing so that's good. I saw Harley fighting Poison Ivy. I looked back at (Y,N) and took off one of his wrist cannons. He doesn't really need this right now. Now how do I work thi- my train of thought was cut off by me randomly shooting bullets in every direction.