Prison Break (Cassandra Cain Special)

Blackgate Prison, 5 Years From Now

"How many more life sentences do I have to go? 76?" I asked a guard. He just stared ahead ignoring me. "You know I once stopped the planet of the apes from happening? That should get me out of prison. So what if I almost killed Batman? Bitch had it coming... you know if you don't answer me I won't tell you his real name... it's-" I began to say before a bunch of flashing lights went on and an alarm started blaring. "Oh goody. The weekly break out started. Who is it this time? Copperhead? Executioner? Clock King? Polka Dot Man? Dare I say? The Ten Eyed Man!?" I asked before someone ran through the doors.

"SHOOT TO KILL! SH-SHOOT TO KILL!"

"What the hell is it!?"

"I DON'T KNOW! BUT IT JUST TOOK OUT AN ENTIRE ROOM FULL OF GUARDS! WE SHOT IT TWICE BUT IT DIDN'T SLOW DOWN!"

"What do one of those meta freaks want with someone from Blackgate!?"

"T-THAT'S THE THING! IT'S NOT A META! IT'S JUST LIKE A S-SHADOW!"

"A What!?"
"A What?" I said at the same time as the guard. It reminded me of someone I used to call shadow a few years back but there was no way-

Then the lights went dark, and our electric powered cells opened. The guards turned the flashlights on their guns on before aiming at the different prisoners walking out of their cells.

"GET BACK IN YOU ANIMALS! N-" One of them said before being swiftly taken out in the darkness. The guards all tried to focus on what hit him before the person attacked another one. They all started shooting but one by one they were all taken out in a strobe show. Once all the guns hit the ground something picked up one of the guns and ordered all of them to "Get back in." It was a girl's voice.

"Yeah right! There's more of us then there are you!? What are you gonna do!?" One of the grunts in the dark shouted before the gun moved quickly in the darkness flying to the cell where the voice came from like the person used fucking echo location. In the darkness a black boot kicked the guy looking like it shattered his jaw before the person shot his cell mate. The whole hall fell quiet with the sounds of an ensuing riot outside before the gun started to float towards me with footsteps following it. As it did, the emergency lights finally came on and a red tint filled the room. We finally saw the attacker, she was clad in all black with red designs on it and a Hood. It looked like another suit I was familiar with except instead of a Batsymbol it was my old logo. I started to put two and two together before she was face to face with me.

"Cassie?"

"Hi." She said before shoving the gun into my hands and lifting up her mask and hood at the same time before grabbing me by my prison jumper and kissing me. Once she let me go I got a good look at her with an eye mask on. She had definitely grown into a full woman now, just looking like an older version of herself but with a scar on her cheek now and another one on the side of her mouth, although I knew how she got that one. She kinda looked like a Tibetan Katana. "Let's go." She said walking away and towards the front doors into the riot.

"Wait, just take this power restrictive off my neck and I can phase us outta here." I said.

"But where's the fun in that?" Cass asked with a smile on her face.

"...Fair point." I said following her.

"H-hey, (L,N)! We're friends right? Could you tell your girl to-"

"No, I don't like criminals." I said before spraying everyone in cells on my side on the way to the entrance. Once I ran out of bullets Cassie tossed me another gun.

. . .

"Here we are. Home sweet home." Cassie said as we got to Ma Gunn's. It was a lot different since the last time I had been there, though. It looked like a lot of money had been funneled into the place.

"Okay, not that I'm complaining or ungrateful but what got you to spring me out, since when did you start killing people, why'd you take my old logo, why did it take you so long to-" I was cut off by Cassie putting a finger over my mouth.

"You talk too much." She said with a small smirk. Speaking of talking, she had gotten really good at speaking over the last few years, thanks to me and Steph of course, however she was still a girl of very few words. "Now, to answer your first question, I've thought about it a lot over the last three years and despite everyone telling me otherwise you were right. Joker needed to die and there's no way Bruce can continue to pretend to be the good guy while refusing to kill that son of a bitch. Especially after everything he'd done. Everyone else turned their backs on you and tried to convince me to do the same except for one other person."

"Jason?"

"Jason." She said before unzipping her costume, revealing her black bra and her great shape that embarrassed me for not being as well toned. She could literally shred diamonds on those things. And not to mention- "It's rude to stare, dick."

"If I was a dick I'd need-"

"Stupider hair." We said at the same time.

"Anyway, you've been gone for a while so you don't know Artemis and Bizarro are... also gone. We don't know where to and we don't know how to get them back. Jason contacted me asking if I could possibly start a new team of Outlaws with him. But we knew we needed a third member and even when I tried to not to, Jason in-...insin-..."

"Insisted?"

"Incested we got you anyway."

"Close enough."

"Of course I did have another reason to spring you." She said.

"What is it?" She got closer to me.

"I couldn't stand living without you any longer." She said getting closer to me. "And I know it wasn't your fault those years ago (Y,N) but I don't wanna be strung along again. I don't wanna be the one behind the psycho clown, and the other psycho clown, and Stephanie, and Frost. I want to be the one. You've been enough for me since that night we spent here after we got our asses kicked by Bane. Now that your fixed, can I be enough for you?"

"Cassie... does this answer your question?" I asked before kissing her. She didn't hesitate to kiss back at all. It was passion filled and around a minute long before we separated. She looked at me with that cute smile of hers. "Just promise me you won't tell my dad."

"As long as we don't tell my mom." She said. "So What should we do to cell-a-brate?"

"...Wanna kill some criminals?"

"Sounds fun."