Issue #57: Wrath of Bane Part 6: Set Up

"(Y,N)! Great to see you lad!" Penguin said sitting on a throne surrounded by a bunch of treasure and fish skeletons. Don't remember Penguin being a pirate but alright. He was also surrounded by a bunch of goons, that one of which must've just got done making out with some chick and was trying to rub the lipstick off his face. "Word's gotten 'round about that slip from Waller of yours! Excellent work if I do say so myself."

"Thank you, Mr. Cobblepot." I said.

"Mister?" I heard Jason and Steph say in my earpiece.

"So, what brings you to Ol' Oswald?"

"Well, Mr. Cobblepot, I've gotta be honest with you, funds are low and contacts offers are dry." I said. "The battle for true justice don't pay the bills, Y'know? And I've decided it'd be best if I offered my services to someone of your stature. I know someone who's been around as long as you have must have tons of enemies, and I'm sure I could easily take them down for you. For a fee of course."

"Ah! You've got yer father's money sense I see!" Penguin said. "But alas, business isn't exactly booming for me, either. And fewer enemies to deal with as well. Of course there's that twerp who took over Lex Corp. but I heard higher powers are already dealing to take him out."

"That's a shame. Well, maybe I can make myself useful to one of your allies? Word around the block is Bane is back in town. You wouldn't know how I could get ahold of him, would you?"

"Actually, I do! I see word travels quick, because not only is Bane back in Gotham but he's been talking a lot about a certain pest he needed to be taken care of."

"Oh, great! What's his name? Maybe I can whack 'im and then get a handsome paycheck from the big man."

"He goes by (Y,N) (L,N)."

"...Huh?" I said.

"(Y,N) get out of there!" Babs shouted.

"You got alotta guts not skipping town after disrespecting Bane. He's put a pretty hefty price on your head, even higher if we bring you to him alive so he can kill you slowly. However, he did say he'd like a word with some of yer friends as well."

"HEY!" I heard Barbara shout. I only assume Jason and Steph were already fighting with people off comm.

"Oh you fat bitch." I said.

"Ey! What happened to all that respect you were so quick to give me a minute ago!?"

"I'm gonna shove it up your ass you little bastard!"

"You wot!?" Penguin shouted before turning red with anger. "That's it men! Do yer worst! I don't care if Bane gets him alive or the single bit of flesh that we don't obliterate!" He ordered his men. They all aimed their guns at me and prepared to unload them while I prepared to phase away. However we were all caught off guard when one of them started spraying their gun into all of Penguin's men. "Wot the bloody hell are y-" Penguin began to say before he was also shot. One of the goons finally shot down the rogue before I threw an explosive batarang at him. I then shot a batbola at three of them standing next to each other, tieing all three up together. "I NEED BACK UP AND A MEDIC ST- ACK!" Penguin said as he coughed up blood into a walkie talkie. The remaining goons started shooting at me again before I phased through the bullets and ran towards them, grabbing one of their guns and shooting the others in non fatal areas. I started walking towards Penguin before someone shot me in the leg. I fell down as the new firing squad all started to surround me and some goons took Penguin out back.

"The fact I could still beat the shit out of all of you still injured from the Bane fight and with this bullet in my leg is kinda pathetic don't you think?" I asked them before hitting the logo on my chest, however barely any electricity came out. "Shit I'm not giving it enough time to charge..." I muttered. They all began to aim at me one more time before the door to the women's bathroom opened. Out a little orange bomb came out. Instead of blowing up it started spouting green gas. Soon a thick layer of green smoke filled the entire Iceberg Lounge and everyone was coughing... except me. I couldn't see what was happening except vague silhouettes of choking men before someone grabbed me by the arm and started dragging me away.

"Hey!" I shouted however I didn't really fight back, since they seemed to be saving me from the predicament I was in. Once we ran out of the lounge I was able to see them in the night light. They had red hair and were wearing a very fashionable fur coat. Their hands were covered with black gloves that contained a green tint and they had boots on that were the same. Once we were what they had decided was a safe distance away from the Iceberg Lounge we ducked behind an alley way. I looked back to make sure none of the Penguin's guys followed us before turning into a kiss.

"Hey, there, hot stuff. Need a lift?" Poison Ivy asked me with a smirk on her face.