Issue #8: Hostage Situation

Killer Frost POV

"WHAT THE HELL, WALLER!?" Flag and I said at the same time.

"YOU SENT THE SQUAD ON A MISSION WITHOUT ME!?"
"YOU SENT (Y,N) ON A MISSION WITH HARLEY WITHOUT ME!?"

"Short notice, Flag. I made an executive decision." Waller said. "And as for you, Criminal, I don't need to explain myself. It's none of your business who I send on missions and who I don't." She said glaring at me. "Don't worry, Flag, I only needed a few members of the squad, as you can tell by this nuisance still here." Waller said staring at me.

Your POV

"DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDI-"

"HARLEY! SHUT UP!" Boomerang, Deadshot, and I said in unison. Our new friend however, was screaming his head off. Mark Ljun- Lija-... Mark, was an up and coming scientist in the meta-gene research committee. Until he got taken hostage by a small army of criminal Mongolians. They're hiding out in a ghost town somewhere in Mongolia. To put it in a non-political way that didn't make my brain hurt: China is outside of US jurisdiction and Seal Team 6 can't just be running in all nilly-Willy. Apparently they forced Mark to make a meta-human bomb. Everyone in a 100 mile radius was given superpowers for 36 Hours. The only people in the 100 mile radius were the terrorists. But, say you're already a Superfreak like SuperDick and Loser That Wears Red and runs really fast, of the bomb went off with you in the radius: bye bye powers. Meaning these guys can get their powers, get rid of all heroes that could stop them, and blow up an entire American City, "making Pearl Harbor look like Sesame Street" as Waller put it. I think you see la problema. They set off the last bomb 24 hours ago. Now we're trying to get Mark and his bomb out.

"I never wanted this... I... I JUST WANTED TO HELP HUMANITY!" Mark said. He was currently holding onto the bomb like a security blankie.

"What a coincidence! I wanted to help human beings, too!" Harley said. "That's why I became a psychologist! We aren't so different, you and- OOOOOOOOOO! I GOT A HEADSHOT! WHAT DO I WIN!?"

"I wanted to help people too! But noooooooooo! Apparently, if you kill a lowlife like Calendar Man it's a 'felony' and 'a homicide' and you have to go to jail from '25 to life'!" I said shooting an explosive bullet at a group of superhumans.

"Look this ain't right! It's bloody Black Hawk Down out here, fellas! A few hundred flying blokes and giants and just a few of us! How the hell are we supposed to get out of a city filled with super powered homicidal Chinese Blokes!?" Boomerang complained. It'd be great if he'd throw some boomerangs.

"They're Mongolians, you stupid racist!" Deadshot said shooting at a couple of them with his sniper. "Now we've got in, got Ljungberg and his gene bomb, how do we get out!?"

"I'm working on it." I heard a voice say.

"What the- AM I GOING CRAZY BECAUSE IF I HAVE TO HEAR FLAG'S VOICE IN MY HEAD FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE BECAUSE OF A PSYCHOTIC BREAK, I'LL KILL MYSELF RIGHT NOW!"

"I'm on a headset with Walle-"

"Wait, Mongolians? What? Like Genghis Khan? My old rugby team used to sing a song about him!"

"Please, the blueprints, the metagene bomb, they forced me to build. If they get back the blueprints and the bomb back... if they get me back. Millions of innocent people would die."

"...Millions dead?" Harley muttered, actually seriously upset.

"How did our song go again?" Boomerang asked himself, still not throwing anything.

"Y'know, wouldn't it be better if we all just... loved one another?" Harley asked as she shot more Mongolians.

"Oh God, Waller, if you're listening: blow the bomb in my head right now." Deadshot said.

"WELLLLLLLLLLLL, IF ANYBODY CAAAAN, GENGHIS KHAAAAAAAN- Come on, Septics! Join in-" Boomerang got interrupted by a huge explosion going off. We went flying back as the meta humans started to merge into one giant creature.

"I'm gonna need a bigger gun." Harley whimpered.

"So am I." Deadshot and I said at the same time.

"Oh god... I just wanted to help people.... they mustn't-" Mark was grabbed by the monster. "THEY CAN BUILF A SUPER POWERED ARMY!"

"No shit, what do you think we're here to stop!?" I said.

"THE GENE BOMB! YOU CAN'T LET THEM TAKE-" Mark was interrupted by a boomerang flying through the air and cutting through his hands, making them (and the bomb) fall to the floor. "...the gene..."

"Don't worry mate. We didn't." Boomerang said. "See? Problem Solved."

"We've got the bomb, boss." Harley said picking it up.

"And they've got him." Waller said.

"NO! SAVE ME! SAVE ME YOU BASTARDS!" Mark shouted as he dragged his nubs on the floor.

"There's no way we can get him out." Harley said.

"They will just use Ljungberg's knowledge to build more bombs." Waller said. "If they take him, I take your lives."

"Okay." I said as I shot Mark in the forehead. As I did, Deadshot shot him too. "I GOT HIM FIRST!" I said sticking my tongue out underneath my mask. Deadshot laughed.

"Please, (Y,N). I never miss."

"Uh... We just passed off a coupla hundred Super Ghenghies. And they're coming in here for their Meta-Bomb against the three of us! We don't stand a malnourished cat in hell's chance!" Boomerang said.

"Okay, Squad, you will follow my orders if you want to live." Flag said.

"We activate the Metagene Bomb. Now. Deactivate every SUPER in the city."

"Then its us against a couple hundred non powered sons of bitches." Deadshot said.

"I like those odds." Harley and I said at the same time.

"You're not bloody serious, righ?" Boomerang said. "They've got more guns than Nebraska has people living there!"

"Boomerang. Stop being a bitch." I said.

"Ah, what's the worst that can happen?" Harley said pressing the button causing a giant explosion.