Issue #42: Welcome to the (Bat) Family

4 Days Later

In the Old Subterranean Railroad Underneath Gotham City

Spoiler POV

"Hey, Tim, I just got these tickets to this show and-"

"Can this wait a second, Steph? I gotta check in with Wally back at the Tower." Tim told me getting out his communicator.

"Uh, Yeah, sure. No problem." I said forcing a smile that faded when he walked away.

"Tough break, kid." I heard someone say. I looked over and saw Clayface practicing some lines with Cass. "I'm sure he'll realize you're more important than this cape crap someday."

"Thanks Cl- Basil! I'm sorry I'm still not-"

"Hey, kid don't sweat it. What movie are the tickets for?"

"Oh, they're not movie tickets. They're concert tickets."

"Oh. Out of my realm."

"What about you, Cass? Do you wanna go?"

"No. Loud." Cass said.

"Hey guys, Barbara just called. That new guy Batman recommended is on his way." Luke said.

"I still don't like the idea of Batman using us as some sort of training force." Azrael said.

"You don't like the idea of you being in the training force." I said.

"Alright, you got me."

"Everyone, look alive!" We heard Batwoman shout by the computer. "Red Robin, get off the communicator. Your priority is this team right now. The newbie'll be here any minute now. And before he gets here I need to let you all know not to let him out of your sight for a second. This guy was an assassin in Gotham City and was a reoccurring criminal Batgirl did battle with. He's killed a host of D level criminals, half the Falcone crime family, and even shot the Flash. And since then he was apparently apart of a group known as The Suicide Squad that apparently massacred Gorilla City."

"Wait, and we're just opening our doors to this guy!?"

"He wasn't apart of the Suicide Squad by choice. He was held captive and since being freed, has been resigning on the Watchtower with no attempts to destroy it and recently defeated Livewire with the help of Black Canary. I've since talked with Canary and she claims he's trust worthy, and so does Batgirl. However, their trust is not my trust, so make sure you don't let him plan something right under our noses." Batwoman said.

"S-sounds Da-... Dain-... Bad." Cass said. "Don't like bad." After she said that the elevator to the headquarters was activated.

"Well, that must be him." Luke said.

"I dunno guys. We should give him a chance. Not all bad guys stay bad guys, Y'know." Clayface said.

"Basil's right. We should give him a chance." Tim said. The elevator opened and Batgirl was talking to someone with her back towards us.

"Just stay in here for a little bit!" She said before walking out with the door closing and an audible groan. "Alright, before he comes out, I just want everyone to try and be welcoming to him. He doesn't really want to be here, especially since he and his girlfriend had a really messy break up a few days ago where she... tried to kill him. But that's besides the point-" As she said this this guy phased through the elevator door eating from a box of donuts with a duffle bag under his arm. He had bags under his eyes visible beneath his shades and a five o'clock shadow going on with messy hair. "Anyway can you guys just be nice to him? He's-"