AL::32

Not Enough

Asano Gakushuu's life was nothing but stress and responsibilities. Just another monotone and uneventful life.

"Study hard and be like me. You're an Asano after all," His father would always say.
"Why the fuck do I want to be like that geezer?" He scoffs as he highlighted another important sentence in the book he was reading.

"Gakushuu," His father called.
Looking up from his book, there he saw his father holding a box of pastries.

"Deliver this to the family next door. They just moved in," he demanded.

'Sheesh, why me when we have all the maids?' He thought and grabbed the box from his father.

'Wait a minute...isn't this the pastries I bought for myself?'
By the time he realized that, he was already knocking on the door.

A girl with (h/c) hair and (e/c) orbs opened the door. She was wearing a pastel pink sweater and white shorts.
Damn she looked good.

"Can I help you..?"

"O-oh. I live next door. My father told me to give these to your family," he says and hands her the box.

"Uwaaah! They're mint chocolate macaroons!" She says and for a minute Gakushuu thought that she was glowing.

"A-ah sorry. I just really like-"

"Sweets," he finishes. A smile made it up to both of your faces. "I'm (l/n) (y/n) And you are?" She introduces.

"Asano Gakushuu. Pleased to meet you," he outstretched his hand for her to shake it.
Her hands were really soft when she shook his hand. A small blush on his cheeks because of the contact.

"Well it's time for me to go. I live next door so you know where to find me," The strawberry blonde boy waves goodbye as he started to walk away.

"H-hey! Do you mind s-showing me around t-tomorrow?"

He looked back and (y/n)'s face was flushed red as she kept on fidgeting.

Gakushuu shot her a genuine smile and nods his head.

'For once...my life is beginning to take color'

ーーー

Yesterday's tour with (y/n) was fun for him. They biked around the neighborhood, Gakushuu pointing interesting landmarks around town while (y/n) would nod and laugh when Gakushuu said some sassy remark.

Sadly, today's Monday which means there's school. The male groaned when his alarm clock rang, telling him to get up already.

Dragging his feet to the bathroom, he managed to take a bath and change his clothes. "Gakushuu, you're one minute and fifteen seconds late for breakfast," His father says as he took a seat in front of him.

"My apologies father," he grits his teeth while saying this.

'Ugh the eggs were overdone' he sighs as his father finally entered the car. The ride to school was uneventful as usual, not until he saw a familiar (h/c) girl walking to school.

"Father, do you mind picking up (l/n)-san over there? I'm certain that she's also studying at Kuninugaoka."

Gakuho nods in approval as Gakushuu felt electricity running through his veins.
He'll be seeing (y/n)!

"Ohayo (l/n)-san, get in the car. We're going to the same place anyway," he says when he the window rolled down.

"A-are you sure Asano-kun?"