ᎄʜᎀ᎘᎛ᎇʀ sɪx: ʟᎇ᎛'s ᎋɪʟʟ ᎛ᎏɎɪɢʜ᎛

✧ ✧ ✧

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx: ʟᴇᴛ's ᴋɪʟʟ ᴛᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ

sʜᴇ's ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴄᴋᴇᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ. ❞

✧ ✧ ✧

✧ ✧ ✧

                              "IAN...WHY? WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS?" you cried, wincing as the man you'd once called one of your best friends tightened the restraints, holding you in place.

"I have no choice, (Y/N). I have a debt to Hydra that needs to be paid, and delivering you to them will grant me sure immunity from ever having to do anything for them ever again," he said simply with seemingly zero remorse as he worked on securing your feet in place.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N). For what it's worth, I really wish it didn't have to be you. Such a waste of a pretty face."

"How long have you worked for them?" you asked quietly, avoiding looking at your 'friend', knowing that it would only make things harder for you.

"I'm a fourth-generation agent. My family has been working for Hydra for years to try and repay our debt. My great-grandfather really fucked up," he chuckled.

"You don't have to do this, Ian," you pleaded, trying to reason with the man who was about to hand you to the enemy on a silver platter. "Let me go, and we can go to S.H.I.E.L.D together. They can help you."

Ian let out a shrill laugh that made him tilt his head back and clutch his stomach. "S.H.I.E.L.D? Babe, S.H.I.E.L.D's got nothing on Hydra. The only reason any of their agents are still alive is because Hydra needs them to be. As soon as they've served their purpose..." he made an explosion sound.

"Do you really have no reservations about hurting me at all? Ian, we're frien-"

"My god, you really are naïve," he scoffed in awe. "(Y/N), the only reason I ever became your 'friend' was to get closer to you. Or more specifically, your father. I never knew you'd become the golden ticket one day," he said, trailing his finger along your face; you recoiled at his touch, finally realising that you were most definitely not dealing with someone who felt even the slightest bit of emotion toward you, yet you still couldn't help but feel that the Ian you knew was in there somewhere.

"They're gonna come for me, you know?"

"I'm counting on it. Been dying to get to know that bodyguard of yours a little better."

✧ ✧ ✧

S.H.I.E.L.D HQ, whereabouts unknown.

"I've got a hit!" the tech analyst yelled, gaining the attention of everyone in the room, most specifically The Director and Brendon, who rushed to the youngster's side. "It's a partially-structured building not too far from here."