ᎄʜᎀ᎘᎛ᎇʀ ᎛ᎡᎇɎ᎛ʏ ᎛Ꭱᎏ: ᎛ʜᎇ ᮅᮇᮇᮘ ᮇɮᮅ

✧ ✧ ✧

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴇᴘ ᴇɴᴅ

ʙʀᴇᴀᴛʜᴇ, ʙᴀʙʏ. ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ. ❞

✧ ✧ ✧

✧ ✧ ✧

                                           DESPITE WHAT SOME PEOPLE MAY THINK, FALLING OFF OF A CLIFF IS NOT FUN.

It's also made even more 'not fun' when you're one: deathly afraid of heights, and two: unable to use your hands because they're bound together with a cable tie.

The aforementioned two factors coupled with the shock of being plunged into the swirling, bone-chilling abyss known as the Atlantic Ocean launched you into a state of fear, leaving you struggling between the waves of the sea as you sunk down further and further.

You kicked your legs roughly in an attempt to try and propel yourself to the surface, but it was no use, and you continued sinking.

You could feel the air slowly start to evaporate from your lungs, and your leg strokes got weaker and weaker. The drowsiness from lack of air started to take over and soon enough, you were lifelessly falling down.

Despite the freezing temperature of the seawater, you weren't cold. In fact, the cold seemed to be comforting you, in a way. Calming you down.

As you continued on your descent, the cold brought you peace. It was speaking to you – telling you to relax. It beckoned to you. Called out to you. Drew you in.

And you didn't resist it.

The cold was familiar. It had spoken to you once before, when you were a little girl of about six or seven years old. You had been playing outside in the snow when you accidently fell into a hole in the frozen lake, baptizing you in coldness. It had brought you peace then too. Told you not be afraid. Just like it was doing now.

Your top eyelids gradually began to droop and once they met your bottom ones, you gave in.

~

The moment your feet left the gravel on the edge of the cliff, Hill and Corvey let out horrified yelps and starting barking orders at their colleagues to get a team to the beachfront and into the water to help you.

Meanwhile, without so much as a moment's hesitation, Brendon freed himself from his jacket. Tossing the obstructing item somewhere on the ground, he broke out into a sprint towards the edge of the cliff before diving off of it into the water down below.

The iciness of the water came as a shock to his system, but due to the liberal amount of adrenaline pumping through his veins at present, he was able to navigate through the water with the same amount of ease he normally would.