ᎄʜᎀ᎘᎛ᎇʀ ᎛ᎡᎇɎ᎛ʏ ғɪᎠᎇ: ᎛ʀ᎜᎛ʜ ʙᎇ ᎛ᎏʟᎅ

Note: Here it is! The big reveal! Thank you all for being so patient in waiting for this; I hope it lives up to the hype. x

✧ ✧ ✧

✧ ✧ ✧

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ғɪᴠᴇ: ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ʙᴇ ᴛᴏʟᴅ

ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴇxᴄᴇᴘᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟʟʏ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀғᴜʟ. ❞

✧ ✧ ✧

✧ ✧ ✧

                                 A LIGHT CRINKLE FORMED ON YOUR FOREHEAD AS YOUR BROWS FURROWED AND YOU TOOK DELIBERATE STEPS TOWARD THE ARMOURED GLASS ENCASING THE ASSET.

You had heard so much about this man and the horribly heinous things he'd done – some of those things directly impacting and changing your life forever – but as you stood less than a few feet away from him, staring absorbedly at his rugged appearance and edgy demeanour, you didn't feel repulsed or vengeful – you felt curious. Curious to know more about him, about Hydra, about everything. The vague smirk dancing on his chapped lips told you that he knew exactly what you were feeling, and he was more than prepared to enlighten you.

You eyed him for a few more seconds before swallowing and fixing your gaze with his dense brown eyes.

"From what I've heard about you," you spoke, slowly and devoid of any kind of emotion, "I expected you to be a lot more intimidating. You just look like a action figure who was left at the bottom of the toy box for too long." Your gaze briefly flickered over his worn out exterior.

The assassin let his head tilt back slightly and he let out a short, hoarse laugh before narrowing his eyes and smirking at you. "Funny. I like you."

"Wish I could say the same. But considering that you murdered by parents in cold blood, I think I'll refrain from that."

He sucked on his teeth and winced, letting out a low whistle. "Oooo. There it is. I was wondering how long it would take before you brought that up. Two and a half minutes. Not too bad," he mocked, and you felt your calmness start to falter.