ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ: sʟᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʀᴏᴀᴄʜᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ʙᴇsᴛ ɢᴜᴇssᴇs

✧ ✧ ✧

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ: sʟᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʀᴏᴀᴄʜᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ʙᴇs ɢᴜᴇsss
❝  ɪᴛ ɪs ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ, ɪsɴ'ᴛ ɪᴛ?  ❞

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴇᴇɴ: sʟᴇᴇᴘɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ʀᴏᴀᴄʜᴇs ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴀᴋɪɴɢ ʙᴇsᴛ ɢᴜᴇssᴇs❝  ɪᴛ ɪs ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙɪʀᴛʜᴅᴀʏ, ɪsɴ'ᴛ ɪᴛ?  ❞

✧ ✧ ✧

INVALUABLE EXPERIENCE WASN'T THE ONLY THING YOU GAINED DURING YOUR TRAINING SESSIONS WITH BRENDON – they were bringing you and your stone pillar of a bodyguard closer together.

The first time you noticed it was during your fourth session; you made some corny joke about something stupid, and he gave you a sliver of a smile in response. At first, you thought it was just in your head. The two of you couldn't actually be getting along, could you? You hated each other.

Well, if we're being technical, you hated him when he wasn't within kissing distance of you. When he was... well, that was a different story. It was weird, really. The dynamic of your relationship.

Relationship.

Could you even call it that?

The dynamic of your... whatever it was. One moment, the two of you would be at each other's throats, handing out insults like gifts on Christmas day, and then the next, you would be only inches apart, and that little fire in the pit of your stomach would ignite, only to die down again once he regained distance from you.

It was strange, and you didn't have the slightest idea of what it was. It wasn't lust; you knew that. You didn't just want to sleep with him and then carry on as if nothing had happened. No, it was something deeper. But neither of you dared to explore it. Instead, you dealt with it the only way you knew how.

"I hate you!"

"So you've mentioned. Multiple times," Brendon said monotonously, readjusting his watch.

"You're the worst human being I have ever met! You're manipulative, sadistic-"

"Rude, angry, unnecessary, disgusting, repulsive, a bitch, a jerk, a son of a bitch, a demon, Satan himself, ridiculously handsome... yes, I know. You've mentioned all of that before too."

You stopped pacing for a moment and turned to him. "I have never called you handsome."

"Am I not?"

"I-You..." you stuttered, and he raised an eyebrow, "That's not the point! Stop trying to distract me!"

"I'm not trying to distract you. On the contrary," he responded, pulling up a chair and seating himself in it; he leaned back and set his one foot atop his opposite knee – the signature douche position, "Please continue with your rant. This is the most entertaining one yet."