ᎄʜᎀ᎘᎛ᎇʀ ᎛ʜɪʀ᎛ʏ ᎛Ꭱᎏ: ғɪx ᮍᮇ

✧ ✧ ✧

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ᴛᴡᴏ: ғɪx ᴍᴇ

ᴄᴜʙᴀ. 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟽. ❞

✧ ✧ ✧

✧ ✧ ✧

Blood.

So much blood.

It was all over you, the strong iron smell overpowering your senses and making your insides churn.

Even after S.H.I.E.L.D had infiltrated the holding and rescued the three of you, and even now while you sat in the sterile medical centre of HQ, safe and cleaned up, the blood was all you could see, and all you could smell.

The medics had thoroughly wiped you down, leaving no trace of Spencer's blood anywhere on your person, but as you studied your trembling hands, red clouded your vision.

You continued staring at your fingers as Brendon entered the room, and didn't look up when he spoke.

"Are you okay?"

"No."

Your answer triggered full-on bodyguard mode, and he took purposeful steps to your side. "Why? What's wrong? Did they hurt you?" his voice was urgent, yet you still couldn't interpret the emotion hidden in it, and he tucked his hand under your chin as he titled your head in all directions, clearly searching for signs of trauma. You swatted him away.

"No. I'm not injured," you sighed with a shake of your head, "It's just that..."

"It's just that what?"

"You shot Spencer."

"I am aware of that, yes."

"You shot your best friend," you exhaled shakily, "You made the conscious decision to kill your best friend..." you trailed off, letting the statement hang in the already-tense air.

Brendon swallowed harshly and frowned. "I don't know what your goal is, here, (Y/N), but-"

"For me," you whispered, barely loud enough to interpret, but he heard. He heard, and his entire body tensed up.

His lips parted, and it was his intention to reply, but the words caught in his throat and all that came out was an incomprehensible mumble.

You finally lifted your gaze to meet his beautiful brown eyes, and felt your chest tighten. "You did that for me."

"I... yeah."

Reaching your arms up and out, you clasped your hands together at the back of his neck, using it to pull him down into your embrace. Since you were sitting on a medical examination table – and he was standing – the two of you were level in height, and you were able to bury your head in the gap between his neck and shoulder.