ᎄʜᎀ᎘᎛ᎇʀ ɎɪɎᎇ: ᎛ɪᎍᎇ ᮛᮏ ᮅᮀɮᮄᮇ

✧ ✧ ✧

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ: ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴅᴀɴᴄᴇ

ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ʙᴏᴅʏɢᴜᴀʀᴅ, ɴᴏᴛ ᴍʏ ᴏᴡɴᴇʀ. ❞

✧ ✧ ✧

✧ ✧ ✧

   "I'M GOING."

"Over my dead body."

"Gladly," you said through gritted teeth as you cracked your knuckles, glaring evilly at your bodyguard.

He raised an eyebrow in amusement. "Is that supposed to make me feel threatened?"

"You can't stop me from going."

"Of course I can," he said cockily, and you could see his muscles tense through the thin material of his black v-neck, "And I will. Even if I have to throw you in a cell and handcuff you to the bed."

"Kinky," you smirked, knowing your comment would irritate him, and judging by the way his jaw clenched and his eyes narrowed, you could quite clearly see that you were correct. "But as fun as that sounds, I'm still gonna go."

"(Y/N), there's no way in this lifetime or the next that I'm letting you go."

"I don't need your permission," you sneered, "You're my bodyguard, not my owner."

"Exactly. I'm your bodyguard," he snarled, advancing on you, making you take an involuntary step back; you were never one to step down from confrontation – especially not with someone you loathed as much as the man in front of you – but Brendon was quite easily the most intimidating person – sorry, walking talking pillar of stone – that you'd ever had the displeasure of meeting. His eyes alone gave off a stare cold enough to freeze your soul. "And being your bodyguard means that I have to protect you. Which is what I'm trying to do."

"You can protect me there, can't you?" you questioned, beginning to grow bored from the pointless argument you were currently having. You were going, and there was nothing he could say or do to convince you otherwise. "Well, can't you?" you pressed when you didn't receive a response from the brooding agent in front of you. "Or are your abilities limited to one continent only?"

Brendon let out a low growl in response.

"I'll take that as a yes." You stepped around him and walked over to the table, snatching up the tablet. "Now, I need to find a dress."

"That won't be necessary, because you're not going."

"I thought we settled this," you rolled your eyes. "I. Am. Going. Whether you like it or not."

"(Y/N), if you go, the prospect of you getting attacked is almost guaranteed."

"Well, it's a good thing I'll have my bodyguard with me, then."