ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ: ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅɪᴅɴ'ᴛ ᴇxᴘᴇᴄᴛ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀʟʟ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ

✧ ✧ ✧

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ: ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅɪᴅɴ' xᴘᴇᴄᴛ  ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴀʟʟ ғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴛᴛᴇɴᴛɪᴏɴ

ᴛᴏᴜᴄʜ ʜᴇʀ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ ɪᴛ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴇᴠᴇʀ ᴅᴏ. ❞

✧ ✧ ✧

✧ ✧ ✧

                              "WE HAVE TO MOVE QUICKLY," BRENDON SAID AS THE TWO OF YOU HURRIED THROUGH THE CORRIDORS OF THE MUSEUM. "I doubt we have much time left before they get here. Up here."

He began leading you up the stairs, towards the science centre, but his footsteps ceased as the sound of two German voices floated through the air. Brendon gripped your arms and shoved you up the stairs. "Go, get what we need. I'll take care of them."

"Brendon-"

"Go!"

You scurried up the rest of the stairs to the exhibit with a new sense of urgency. You could hear the sound of the two Germans, as well as Brendon's, voices. Brendon was speaking German too; it sounded like they were arguing, but the sounds were too faint for you to properly hear.

Crossing the room, you made your way over to the panelled wall. Knocking against it strategically, you recalled the instructions your father had hidden in the coded message. A couple seconds later, there was a low whirr, and the wall opened up.

You smiled in relief and entered the newly opened section, treading cautiously along the hallway until you arrived at the door you were looking for. It took significantly longer than it should have, considering the abyss was awfully dimly lit.

You noticed that the door had a retina scanner as a means to gain access to the room, and you assumed that the only person who had that privilege was Doctor Ross – it was his facility, after all. But you knew that that wasn't the only way to open the door; the key tucked away in your clutch bag was proof of that.

Nervously chewing your lip, you ran your fingers along the underside of the scanner.

"Yes," you cheered as your slim fingers found the groove of the scanner. You lifted the base plate off, and sure enough, right under the CPU, there was a tiny red button. You pressed it, and a keyhole opened up in the steel door.

Retrieving the key from your bag, you fitted it into the keyhole, turned it, and the door swung open with a comical rush of air.

It wasn't hard to find what you were looking for. The only thing in the room was a metal box on a table in the middle of the space. Stepping forward, you opened the box.