ᎄʜᎀ᎘᎛ᎇʀ ғᎏ᎜ʀ᎛ᎇᎇɎ: ᮛᮀᮋᮇ ᮀ ᎄʜᎀɎᎄᎇ

✧ ✧ ✧

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ: ᴛᴀᴋᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ

ɪ ɴᴇᴇᴅ ᴀ ғᴀᴠᴏᴜʀ. ❞

✧ ✧ ✧

✧ ✧ ✧

YOU TAPPED YOUR FINGERS ALONG THE COOL METAL OF THE BALCONY OVERLOOKING ALL THE WORKER BEES OF S.H.I.E.L.D, eyes scrutinizing each and every agent on the lower level – looking for your unsuspecting victim.

Despite your constant nagging over the past few days, Brendon remained unwilling to train you.

No surprise there.

It pissed you off, to be honest – especially since there was exactly nothing for either of you to do over the next little while; training would at least offer some relief from the currently arduous state of your life. Obviously, you didn't expect him to teach you how to tackle a Hydra base on your own; you just wanted to learn a little bit more than what you already know. But regardless of your begging and pleading, he wouldn't budge.

So now, you were forced to take matters into your own hands.

You pursed your lips and narrowed your eyes as you zoned in on one of the agents on the far left side of the room. He looked to be round about your age, give or take two years; he had short, brown hair and wore clothes not unlike the type that Brendon wore. Curling your lips into a smirk, you descended the staircase and strolled over to him.

"Hi!" you greeted with a massive smile.

He startled a little bit, eyes going wide as he took an instinctive precautionary step backwards. Frowning slightly, he did a quick once-over of you, facial muscles relaxing and mouth forming a small 'o' when he realised who it was that had just addressed him.

The agent cleared his throat and straightened his already towering frame. "Miss (Y/L/N)," he politely bowed his head, "How may I be of assistance?"

Running your tongue over your teeth, you narrowed your eyes a minuscule amount as you contemplated for the last time whether or not to do what you were about to do, but the reluctance to go back to reading 'Gone With The Wind' for the fifth time since you got here consumed any second-guessing you were doing, and you put on your most dazzling smile. "I need a favour," you said sweetly. "Agent..."

"Corvey." The male furrowed his eyebrows in perplexity over why you would ask him for a favour, but didn't question it; all of S.H.I.E.L.D's agents had been instructed to help you whenever necessary. Instead, he said, "Of course, ma'am. What do you need?"

You winced when he called you 'ma'am', the formality of the word making you uneasy. "For starters," you said, giving him another small smile, "you can stop calling me 'ma'am'. It's unsettling."