ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴋᴀʟᴇɪᴅᴏsᴄᴏᴘᴇ ᴇʏᴇs

Note: HI HEY HELLO, MY LOVES! For the first time in a long time I am in a spectacular mood and so here's me letting you know that I appreciate all of you and your continued love and support by gifting you with not one, not two, but three updates. Enjoy! xx
(Side note: my PMs are messing me around by not letting me reply to messages, so I apologize for not responding, but it's not intentional!)

 Enjoy! xx (Side note: my PMs are messing me around by not letting me reply to messages, so I apologize for not responding, but it's not intentional!)

✧ ✧ ✧

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴋᴀʟᴇɪᴅᴏsᴄᴏᴘᴇ ᴇʏᴇs

ᴄʜɪᴄᴀɢᴏ. ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴀ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ, ᴛᴇɴ ʜᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀɪᴠᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ʜᴇʀᴇ? ❞

 ᴛʜᴀᴛ's ᴀ, ᴡʜᴀᴛ, ᴛᴇɴ ʜᴏᴜʀ ᴅʀɪᴠᴇ ғʀᴏᴍ ʜᴇʀᴇ? ❞

✧ ✧ ✧

Twenty-two years earlier. (Y/L/N) family home, whereabouts unknown.

Your father carefully placed your delicate body back into your cradle, placing his index finger in your tiny open palm; your fingers instinctively wrapped around his bigger one and gripped it tight.

"Isn't she a beauty?" he fussed, gazing adoringly at your sleeping frame.

"Very much so," The Director concurred, stepping up to take a stand next to your father and clamp a hand on his shoulder. He knew precisely what was running through his friend's mind, and he needed to reassure him. "You're doing the right thing, Erik."

"Am I?" your father wondered, frowning a bit as he took in your infant features and how peaceful and innocent you looked. "Because I'm starting to think that I'm about to make the biggest mistake of my life."

"That can be argued."

"She's just a baby, Nick."

The Director's lips pursed slightly and his eyes narrowed infinitesimally as he looked at you. He understood where your father's hesitation was coming from; if it were up to him, Fury would personally escort you and your parents to the most untraceable, safest corner of the Earth to ensure that nothing would ever happen to any of you. Sadly, that was not an option.