ᎄʜᎀ᎘᎛ᎇʀ ᎛ᎡᎇɎ᎛ʏ ᎛Ꭱᎏ: ᎛ʜᎇ ᮅᮇᮇᮘ ᮇɮᮅ

Note: The only chapters I'm writing from Brendon's POV are the five ones that received the most votes from all of you. If you have any questions about any of the chapters not done in his POV, you can always comment your question, write it on my message board, or direct message me. x

The shrill sound of Hill and Corvey's horrified screams resounded throughout the chilly night air as I made haste of removing my jacket and tossing it to the side

The shrill sound of Hill and Corvey's horrified screams resounded throughout the chilly night air as I made haste of removing my jacket and tossing it to the side. They started barking orders at the rest of the team and I was fairly certain one of them called out to me, but I was over the edge of the cliff before they had a chance to finish their sentence.

My body's movements were instinctual, and I hadn't even had a chance to consciously register my actions before literally taking the plunge.

There wasn't time to drive down to the beachfront before going under to get her; she'd be gone before the Rovers even got to the sand. Her survival depended on action being taken immediately, and my subconscious knew that.

What my subconscious didn't know was how fucking freezing the water temperature was. Fortunately, I was on enough of an adrenaline high to not feel the initial shock to my system, and so I was able to navigate through the waters with my usual ease.

My first time going under, I couldn't see her anywhere. I resurfaced for some air, counting to five before going under again. They were an awful five seconds – my mind betrayed me by thinking of the worst-case scenario.

Fuck, I had to find her.

I swam around frenziedly for a solid twenty seconds before I saw her. She was deep down.

Too deep down.

I was sure that I couldn't swim that far with the limited amount of oxygen stored in my lungs, but fuck me if I wasn't going to try.

Her body seemed lifeless and showed no sign of slowing down its decline, which only spurred me on. I knew I had to get to her now, or else it would be too late.

Collecting all of the strength I could muster, I kicked out as hard as I could and started swimming towards her. She seemed so far out of my reach, and I was struggling to keep on going. My muscles were starting to pull from the constant movement and the ice-cold water, but I tried my hardest to ignore my body's cries of agony and just focus on getting to her.

Her. I had to get to her.

I would use my last fucking sliver of energy to make sure that she makes it out of this. I will save her or I will die trying.

An eternity later, I finally managed to get close enough to grab her. I clutched onto her motionless body desperately, feeling a few precious air bubbles escape my mouth as I proceeded to drag her up with all of my might.

I pulled her into my arms and as close to me as possible, starting to kick my legs and using the arm that wasn't holding her to try and manoeuvre to the surface. The burning in my lungs was getting stronger. If I didn't break through the surface soon, both of us would die.