ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ: ᴀɴᴅ ᴀ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ғᴏʀɢᴇᴛ

✧ ✧ ✧

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴏɴᴇ: ᴀɴᴅ ɴɪɢʜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ғᴏʀɢᴇᴛ

sᴏᴍᴇᴏɴᴇ's ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴜs. ❞

✧ ✧ ✧

✧ ✧ ✧

                                                      OVER THE COURSE OF THE NIGHT'S EVENTS, A SMALL SMILE SEEMED TO HAVE PERMANENTLY ETCHED ITSELF ONTO YOUR FACE, and you beamed at the passing scenery as you gazed out the tinted passenger window of the SUV.

It might've been the alcohol, or the severe amount of dancing you had partaken in, but you were utterly knackered. You stifled a yawn and slipped down into your seat a little, but amazingly, once your eyes caught sight of the gorgeous display in front of you, you perked up with a gasp.

"Brendon, can we pull over?" you asked excitedly, pressing both palms flat against the window and peering out.

"I don't think-"

"PLEASE."

A heavy sigh and clench of jaw later, Brendon had swerved off of the road and onto the small clearing in front of the cliff that had captured your attention. As soon as the car stopped, you jumped out and rushed forward, pulling out your phone and snapping a few pics. The cliff – which had beautiful, multi-coloured shrubs and trees on the sides – overlooked the crashing waves of the ocean down below, illuminated impeccably by the huge overhung moon.

"It's breath-taking, isn't it?" you gushed, walking forward until you were virtually on the edge.

"Yeah, it is," Brendon agreed, frowning infinitesimally as he took your arm and tugged you back a little bit; he was worried that due to your alcohol level and tiredness, you would lose your footing and stumble off of the edge.

You smiled at your bodyguard's gesture of concern and turned your back to the edge of the cliff, so that you were facing him, and gripped both of his biceps.

Taking one step closer to him, you looked up at the taller human – who was wearing a look of mild perplexity – and spoke softly. "Thank you for tonight, Brendon. I know this is, like, the fifth time I'm saying it, but I honestly can't tell you how much it meant to me."

"I told you," he furrowed his brows and shook his head a little, "it was nothing."

You shook your head in disagreement. "It wasn't nothing; it was one of the nicest things anyone's ever done for me, and I truly appreciate it," you looked down at the ground and chuckled, "And I-"