Vincent Crabbe

Crabbe had been my friend from the age of five. Always loyal, always sincere and always obedient .

My father, had always told me, one should have acquaintances not friends. But Crabbe was my friend. He was not intelligent, not brave, not funny but nonetheless my friend.

He wouldn't disagree, talk back, fight or mock at me. More like ,I say, he does it without question. I never thought he would die. I had never even considered or imagined it.

But, he died, ironically in the fiendfyre he created. I cried for hours, probably, over Crabbe.

Crabbe, drinking Polyjuice Potion and standing outside the room of requirement for hours, just because I asked him to. Drinking Polyjuice Potion and playing quidditch matches for me, when I wasn't feeling well. Crabbe hating people, just because I hated them too. Crabbe, always copying my homework, coping my actions and copying my words.

Crabbe, knowing not to speak, when I was angry, knowing not to speak, when I was sad. Asking me if I wanted anything. Telling me that I could come over anytime my father was scolding me. Telling me if I wanted to hide, he could arrange for it.

Crabbe doing horrible things he didn't want to, just because I should have company.

I was relieved that the Dark Lord was dead, for the past two years, I had been under constant stress and pressure. Assigned tasks far beyond my capabilities. Someone came and sat beside me. I looked up to see it was Astoria. Astoria Greengrass.

She wasn't even my friend. She placed an arm around my shoulder and said, "I'm sorry, Draco". I didn't say anything. She sat beside me, listening to me crying, not saying anything.

"Thanks", I said. She smiled at me and I tried to smile back.

I loved her for the past four years, but I never told her. Because, if I failed in my task, the Dark Lord would kill her because of my fault.

And, she hated me, she thought I was obsessed with blood purity and I thought that I was superior to everyone because I was a Malfoy.

My parents, would never accept her, because even though she was a pureblood, she wasn't one of the sacred twenty eight and she was friends with halfbloods and muggleborns. She didn't believe in blood purity.

But I had fallen for her and nothing else mattered, anymore.