Lavender Brown

"Good morning, Parvati", my sister said handing me a cup of coffee.

"Good morning", I say, drinking into the cup.

"You okay? ", she asks.

"I don't know", I say truthfully.

"I can understand. I too get nightmares ", she says.

"Oh! ", I say, putting an arm around her shoulder.

"Don't you think we should visit her? ", she asks.

I nod and we climb downstairs.

It's been two weeks since the Battle of Hogwarts. Most of the castle has been repaired. All of us could stay here until June. None of us wanted to return to our houses.

For so many years, I didn't want to return, because of Lavender Brown, my best friend . This year, I didn't want to return, because I didn't want to deal with the death of my best friend, all alone.

We walked down the stairs, finally reaching her grave.

Her tomb was made of marble. I read her tombstone slowly.

In loving memory of Lavender Brown

                Born -7th of June 1980
                Died - 2nd of May 1998

A brave Gryffindor and a good friend.

   " I died, but I died as a hero. So, salute me, don't grieve me".

I bit my lower lip and my sister squeezed my arm.

She took out her wand and conjured a bouquet of flowers. She laid it on the tomb. "Take all the time you need", she said.

I nodded and whispered, "Lavender, I didn't think,  even in my wildest dreams, that you were going to die. I always thought you would be with me for decades. Standing beside me as I get married, I have children and even when I am in a wheelchair. I miss you terribly, Lavender. Your lame jokes, stupid puns, idiotic advice, I miss all of this. I miss doing stupid things with you, getting lectured by you for wearing something, I miss you scolding me that I take things too seriously and I miss you for scolding me when I say I am bad at something. I miss the eye rolls, the sarcasm, the stupid dating advice and our friendship. When I get up, I see your bed empty and think you are gone somewhere but then I realize you can never come back. I search for you involuntarily but then I realize you can't be found anywhere because you are very far from here. You were and are my best friend, I love you, Lavender".

I turn back and start walking, it takes every bit of my energy to not turn back but something keeps telling me to turn back, to take a look at her grave.

My sister puts a hand on my shoulder and says, "Let's go, Parvati".

"Okay", I say and walk without looking back.