31

Dad: Dan, I need you to come to the hospital

Dan: What?! Why?!

Dad: It's mum...she's in critical condition

Dan: How?!

Dad: I'll explain when you get here

Dan: Okay I'm on my way

~
"Dad! Where is she?!" I asked as soon as I saw him.

"She's in surgery... they don't feel like she will make it," he explained, trying to hold it together.

"How did this happen?" I sighed with tears formed in my eyes.

"Drunk driver was speeding going the wrong damn way," he cried. A nurse walked out with a grim expression. I dropped to the floor and tried to grab onto anything, but there was nothing but myself. Tears fell nonstop out of my eyes. I was hysterical at that point.

"Dan.." my dad tried to comfort, but I pushed him away.

"Mum," I mumbled in between sobs. I looked up to see my dad walk out of the hospital, stumbling. He was probably having a harder time with this than I was. I ran out of the hospital and into my car. I drove. I didn't have any place in specific, but I needed to go somewhere.

"Fuck...fuck...FUCK!" I shouted as I slammed my hand on the steering wheel. Tears streamed out of my face and I decided it was best do go home.

I glanced to my phone to see several missed messages.

Philthelion: Hey Dannnnn

Philthelion: Dan?

Philthelion: Dan could you please answer me?

Philthelion: BabE pLeAzE

I put my phone down and went to my bathroom. I found the objects I haven't seen in forever. I hate doing it, I really do, but in the situation that's all I could do. I heard my phone beep several times, but I just ignored it.

That night I didn't talk to Phil.