Chapter 15

3 months later

Y/Ns POV

We were successful in killing Savage, Kendra and Carter decided to leave after it happened but it only took a few words and I was able to convince them to stay. Lisa and Jasmine have been hectic and generally impossible to look after without their dad. It's been driving me insane, I don't know how to do any of this. Leonard's always had to be a father to his sister, that's why he's so good with children. Me not as much.

After destroying the vanishing point we were the only people left responsible to protect time, and that is exactly what we do. This time with the addition of two bratty babies to the team.

After another fight with that speedster dude I prepare myself to relax for a while. Obviously I spoke too soon because Jasmine starts to cry and then Lisa copies. I swear sometimes they cry just because they want to piss me off.

"Shush for once, leave mum alone." I moan annoyed. Lately parenting seems impossible, sending the two girls to their aunty Lisa doesn't seem as bad an idea now.

I find myself walking aimlessly around the ship and stop outside the med bay. After much thought I decide there is no harm in going inside.

On the bed laying there, as lifeless as ever, is Leonard.

He's been in a coma ever since that night and day by day everyone's starting to lose hope. I try to stay positive but now even I'm starting to question how long I'll be able to stay on the ship raising our children. They deserve a normal life.

After much thought and consideration despite it being against my wishes, the team decided last week that we should pull all the chords and cables off Leonard. Today is the day we're doing it, and I can't help the emotions I'm feeling right now.

~~~

3rd PERSONS POV

When the time comes to pull Leonard's support off Y/N had put the girls to sleep. They don't have to hear this. "No matter what happens, we're here for you." Jefferson rests his hand on Y/Ns shoulder and she nods, daydreaming somewhere else.

"Do it." Y/N mutters inaudible, holding Leonard's hand tightly as she's sat next to him. The team give her one more smile of sympathy, Mick holds his head in both hands stressed.

Leonard's support and vitals slowly turn off, his heart monitor comes to a halt, no more beeping.

It's feels like an eternities passed by and nothing happens. Y/N gasps, trying to stop herself from crying, a tear rolls down Mick's cheek. They look amongst each other shocked.

"What now?" Raymond asks Y/N. "I leave...forever." She whispers, detaching her hand from the man she's loved all her life. Mick and Y/N both walk towards the exit of the med bay.

A sudden gasp is heard, a pull of air, like when you're drowning and have been resuscitated. All heads whip toward Leonard Snart. His eyes open weakly and then they flutter closed again. "Y/N." He whispers concerned but falls back to sleep again.

Mick looks to Y/N shocked, Rip instructs Gideon to turn Leonard's supplies back on, Y/N is stood still shocked. Today was the day she was sure she was going to leave and never come back. She knew it was impossible for him to come back, but it wasn't, because deep down she knows they're legends.

~~~

Y/Ns POV

Hours go by and Gideon carries on keeping us updated. Minute by minute his health gets better and he should be waking up soon. He'll be able to walk and talk perfectly after his sedatives stop working.