Chapter 98: Worldwide Gasping

================================
Chapter 98: Worldwide Gasping
================================

10m before the impact, the final 1% of the merging of the Colossus-torpedo and the golem zeroed into completion.

Along with that, in those littlest of the moments, was a loud sonorous cry of agony and pain.

"Siva! Help meeeeee...!!"

Every ear heard it but was baffled of whom it came from.

It was the last ditch of an effort for the original owner of that voice to cry out for help while he still had his sanity.

But not even his voice completely cried out, it was then replaced by a combination of a very powerful clanging metallic roar and of that of a beast inhaling deep and desperate for air.

It was like the cry of a pig when it was in the middle of being killed for its meat...

It was also like that of a Dino Crisis-version of a T-Rex, the cry being layered with an unfathomable amount of moderated violence that wanted to free itself and unleash its rage into the lands up front.

There was no emotion in it whatsoever. It was just its pure and innocent purpose.

A purpose bred and cultivated in an abyss of the deepest darkness, an essence that only has one destination:

War.

It was its essence, its soul.

There mere sound of this single cry had been as much intimidating as it if they were looking at a huge black-scaled zilla ravaging central Tokyo.

"GRAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH....!!!!!!"

It was at first a low volume cry but it immediately rose into its highest volume in but a moment, a volume enough to deafen anyone in the immediate 5km area... followed by the sound of rock hitting the surface of a hammer tank's armor.

TANNNNNNGGGGGG~~!!!

A formless layer of space vibrated and rippled in front of the colossus-golem just 10m right before the longhorn's concentrated cannon fires hit the head.

No. It was more precise to say that the sheer size of the concentrated firepower of twelve Longhorn Cannons created a massive bright yellowish white ray of light that deemed to obliterate the head and upper chest area of the monster entirely.

And yet, an invisible barrier prevented that from happening.

The clear sound of the cannon fires hitting that invisible barrier resounded through that great distance and although it was faint, the enhanced audio feedback of the media agents' camera drones all picked up that sound with great clarity.

SHSHSHSHSHSHSHUUUUU...!!

Countless rays of lights parted into strands that scattered towards the back of the Colossi.

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG~~!!

The few shattered fragments of the cannon fires fell on the protected city grounds but they were muffled and weak as to only create minor quakes and didn't create major catastrophe.

Its head was knocked back and it took three-four giant steps back, stabilizing itself with a wave of its hands that then pounded and skidded on the now barren city grounds.

These mere fur steps backwards of the Colossi created tremors that scattered all throughout the entirety of the city. The skidding motion created a deep mark that stretched 300m afar.