Chapter 99: NanoMechs

================================
Chapter 99: NanoMechs
================================

A few minutes before the clash between Siva and Kladis...

When Rex logged back in, Manang Fe who has little to no idea yet had a hunch of the current circumstances of Rex Kingsley, couldn't wait until the boy collapses and called in Graham's line. She may look like a strict granma, but since it was her job to take care of Rex's needs, she had learned how to like the boy, especially when seeing how he works hard for it everyday.

Siva's face and name had been all over the news and even on her way to the Market each day, he'd see some shops who sells and advertises the NLD and RPG: Terroa, displaying some trending topics about the latest on Siva.

Although she wasn't aware that it was his 'boy' at first, but there are some clues in regards to the conversations of Graham and the others, as well as the conversations of the neighbors in their seemingly quiet neighborhood.

She, of course, could tell it from the clues.

As such, although he kept quiet about it from the people who had hired her, she was still given a task to call Graham whenever something is amiss with the boy.

Minutes later, Graham's hulking figure opened the gate, towing behind Martinez, with the twins, Hank and Frank McCullers, following closely while they carried a weird metal box.

Graham, with a smooth and gentle stride, walked over Manang Fe and asked with a gentle look:

"How was he?"

Manang Fe didn't answer him and while she wore a look of admonishment at Graham, she still knew her place and so only shook her head and headed straight at the kitchen.

Graham also didn't linger around and went directly upstairs, standing beside Rex's bed.

His large size was a sight in contrast to the clean and brightly lit small room.

His brusk shape and wide frame, paired with the intimidating sunglasses and black suit and tie gave him the air of a hitman who was looking down at his sleeping target.

But instead of killing intent, there was wariness and... perhaps fear... that continuously twitched on his frowning brows.

Graham then thought at that one very short and very unforgettable moment where this seemingly harmless boy had met his gaze for the first time.

He lifted his right hand, or fist, and recalled that day*...

...and couldn't help but feel that everything he's been doing to this boy is really something scary and beyond his imagination and profession.

He was a former special forces of the World Government's experimental soldiers, the role model and "punching bag" of their then-under-development but now fully ready for deployment Android Technology.

AG recruited him because of his background but even before that, Graham was already brought in front of The Father and was told of his untold potential and his wanting of his service.

Only right after that meeting did he met Augustus and from then on, he had been one of his very dependable guards.

He saw the exemplary person as this "Augustus" and how terrifying the person hiding behind that calm and simple calculating smile.

When he smiles, that's when the world is happy.

When he frowns, the world should expect some place or someone to burn.