Chapter 3

"We're going in this way and we're coming out the same way." Jake told Ademir before they were about to set up and play the ouija board. Getting dragged along on this one wasn't my choice. Since my Mom works at nights most days or just got home, the boys finesse her all the time. They come up and basically kid nap me, force me to go in what I'm wearing and go with them. But today, they actually let me put on clothes. Which was a surprise.

Manfs and I sat on the benches and watched them from afar as they began. "Alright it's the same one." Jake raised his voice. We both had stood up and walked closer, standing on both sides of Aaron. He had asked more questions and getting answers that pissed Jake off. "Is it the board that you are attached too? Are you following the board?" It had gone straight to yes and Mikey had quick said we were going to burn it.

The game continued on and it just started to get weird. Jake and Mikey were going back and forth, but Jake, being the head ass he is, wasn't listening to the facts. Ademirs whole demeanor changed once Jake started to talk about God.

Nobody had taken notice until he had taken his fingers off the board and started to walk away. He had gone the same direction as the scream, we all started to bug and call from him. Not once, did he turn back around and look towards us.

"Ellie, control your boyfriend." Mikey had yelled at me. In this situation I didn't know what to do. I've never been along on one of these challenges and one of the boys act weird. "Ademir!"Jake yelled. "Stop being fucking like that yo." They had finished putting the board way and were talking shit about him.

At this moment, this didn't seem like some prank. Something was up and they all thought he was playing around. In my head I wanted to believe he was but, this time I was siding with Aaron. He was the only who thought this one wasn't a prank.

We went looking through the woods and started to call for him. Jake, was worried the most, besides by me.

The whole time I had just kept quiet, not wanting to add more fuel to the flame. Each and everyone of them were mad. And me saying anything to them, trying to make the situation better wouldn't work.

"She's not even concerned!" Once again Mikey had yelled. I was chewing on my nails, hoping that he would be alright but the boys were just stressing me out. They all were just yelling and screaming at me, like I had something to do with this. Especially Mikey. He's not one to yell but he was taking all the argue that he had built up playing this game out on me.

Aaron turned up the brightness on his flash light, seeing a white figure just standing on top of the random shed.

Without hesitation I took off running, as they boys continued to question. Their footstep fell quickly behind me as I slowed down, approaching the shed.

My heart had dropped, only thinking the worse. Along side everyone else.

We all started begging him not to inch any closer to the edge. But each time we did, that's exactly what he would do. I wanted to help encourage him but I was frozen, no words were coming from my mouth and that angered me the most.

His body started to lean forward scaring the shit out of me an Jake, causing us to scream.

Nothing at this point mattered to me. Ademir had jumped off a 15 foot shed, putting all of us on edge. He's one of our close friends and having to see that... We thought we had lost him in that second.

I had stood back, watching him seize and not knowing what to do but just wait until he had stopped. "No, don't... Just leave him alone." I had shouted. Mikey was saying the same, until they had left him alone and waited. Once he had stopped, everything inside me just couldn't hold tight any longer. My eyes started to water and it had finally hit me. I could've lost Ademir.

He had started crying, after he finished kicking. His eyes were red and he wasn't removing his arm away from his face. "You okay dude?" Jake had asked. They all just started to bombard him with question, not giving any air to breathe.

"Get him away from me!" He swung his arm out. They all just had stared at me as I walked up from behind him. It was getting hard for me to breathe and nothing felt right. "It's all your boys." Jake was trying to comfort him but Mikey was just getting mad at him. There's was nothing for me to do. I was scared as much as they were. But they also weren't think, just wanted to make sure he was okay. While doing that, they made me feel like shit.

They just made me feel horrible about myself and how our relationship is. Without saying two words I took off, nothing bothering to see if he was alright.

Not one person there knows how much he matters to me. They will never know. I love that kid with all my heart and just because I froze for two minutes, I'm the villan. Not one word made me feel good about myself. Just a negative comment on top of another one. This was the worst feeling in the world.

I stopped where they were playing, looking for my keys that I had forgotten over there. It took a minute find them but long enough for the guys to catch.

Mikey and I made eye contact but he was the last person that I wanted to make sure was okay. Once again, I dropped my keys, as I saw Ademir walking with Jake and Aaron.

He had held me tight once I wrapped my arms around him. Not caring if our relationship was exposed right then an there. My eyes were watery and all I was able to think was that I almost lost him. "It's fine babe, I'm here." He had pulled away from me, lifting up my head, with his index and thumb. "Look, I'm here." He began to lean forward, closing his eyes, as did I.