Chapter 5 - A Party of trouble

It was 6:55pm and I had been ready to go for about an hour now. Zayn was gonna pick me up in 5 minutes and bring me to Harry's party where we would totally forget our boyfriends and girlfriends. Well secretly that's what I was hoping would happen. Zayn was attractive and charming, and I wasn't in love with him but it was just one of those random meaningless crushes that would wear off once you spend more time with the person. I hope.

I had a bunch of dresses which wasn't a surprise since not long ago I went to a club and hooked up with a random who I now go to school with. Conveniently enough I would know no one at this party so I needn't worry about people saying "Hasn't she worn that dress before?" 

Half the dresses however didn't even originally belong to me. Lorrie would wear the most beautiful dress to a party or a club and then chuck it. I volunteered to get all her clothes she didn’t want because we were the exact same size.

For tonight I was wearing sheik navy blue dress, tight and at least covered up my chest since I had a big bust. It was thick strapped and the collar came up to the bottom of my neck. There were triangles and shapes cut out on the chest area and all of my back to reveal some skin, but the cuttings stopped on my front. I tied a pair of bold purple heels to my feet, drew some eyeliner on my eyes, mascara, foundation and lip gloss and I was done. Since my hair was naturally dead straight and I always had it tied up, I just let it fall on the sides of my face.  I gave my dad a quick text message saying I’d be home late and off I went. 

I waited downstairs of the apartment in the lobby, staring at my cracked iPhone screen for a message to pop up from Zayn saying he’s outside the apartment. It was 7:01 and I was freaking out. All these stupid theories started racing through my mind. I hope the punch at the party won't be spiked and I'd get piss drunk and make a fool of myself. I hope that I won't sit there like a loner pretending to text someone when really I'm just awkward. My palms were hot and sweaty and I wiped them on my thigh trying to gain some confidence.

My forehead was perspiring and I dabbed it with a tissue hoping I didn't look how I felt; which was everything except good.

A car honked from the outside and as I peered I saw a really really sweet ride. My phone rang and I answered it.

"Hey Zayn," I said cheerily and smiled, knowing it was probably him inside of the car.

"Hey Hope, I can see you from outside. Are you ready to go?"

"Yep, I'm ready."

I hung up and put my phone into my purse. I walked out and went to greet Zayn, hoping I wouldn't trip over my high heels or do something clumsy like that. I made my way to the passanger side and tried peeking throught the windows but the tint was too dark. 

I swung one of the 2 car doors open and I was a little shocked to see that there was already someone sitting in the passanger seat. There weren't any other seats in the car. I stared surprised to see not Zayn driving the car, instead sitting in the passanger seat. What shocked me more was that the car looked even better inside. The leather seats were black and not scratched, a men's necklace was hanging off the mirror in between the boys' heads and the music that was blaring outside the speakers vibrated through me.

"Hi Hope!  Louis and I brought over his car to pick you up, you like?" Zayn chuckled when he saw my reaction.

The car was a silver Mercedes Benz SL Class and it looked very, very expensive.

"Wow! It's sure impressive!" I looked over at Louis and bent down a little to give him my hand to shake.

“Hi,I’m Louis. Yeah. This is my car. You might remember me from the bar.I played with Zayn and the other One Directoin boys.” He smiled. His voice was smooth and not very deep, but still masculine.