Chapter 12 - Being Me

I was woken up at 6am by my Dad slamming the door on his way out of the apartment. He must’ve been still angry. I don’t know what was up with him, I only ran away from home without telling him, than eventually chickened out.

…okay that sounds a lot worse than it actually was.

I stayed in bed for a little while longer. Well actually I fell asleep and Zayn called me at 8:45am.

“Hope! Where are you?” Zayn hissed as soon as I picked up.

“Oh CRAP! I slept in skjdhfkdjsdskh okay I gotta go now!”

“Hope wait!” I faintly heard Zayn say before I hung up. I actually needed to go because morning sickness was about to kick in. Oh shit man. I left the pills in Josh’s car and I’m going to be running late for school.

After I threw up, it was already 8:55am. I had a long shower and was in no hurry at all. By 10am I was ready to go to school, and I’d just get a late pass and an after school detention.

~

I awkwardly entered Period 2 in which I was having maths. The class was silently working and then I causally barge in late, and really loudly. I took a seat next to the kid that no one likes and pretended to do my work. So far, the day has been sucking and it’s only just started. Throughout the whole period I was just deciding on what was going to happen. After school I’ll tell Zayn about the baby and while I’m at it I’m going to ask him how he feels about me. Or maybe I should ask him how he feels about me before I go tell him I’m pregnant. I don’t even know, everything was so complicated and going through this by myself sucks. I know Josh supported me, but it’s hard when he lives an hour away from me and I don’t see him every day.

At recess I hung out in the library by myself. I sat on the floor in the furthest corner away from the entrance. As I started to eat my lunch I saw Zayn walk in. Oh crap. He’s probably looking for me. I’m so stupid, going to the library was probably the most obvious sign that I’m avoiding him and that something’s wrong!

Me being me, crawled under the nearest desk. The Chinese boy who was working on one of the computer’s saw me, but immediately pretended I didn’t exist.

psssst!” I called out quietly, but loud enough for the boy to hear me. He turned around and stared. “Hey you! Can you do me a favour? Can you just sit on this chair and hide me from everyone’s view?” I felt like a complete idiot. Do I actually have problems?!

“Haha…what?” He had a slight Chinese accent. He stared some more and I could tell he was in an awkward position. Zayn hadn’t noticed me yet but as he was scanning through the aisles of books, he was slowly coming closer. By now the Chinese boy had turned around and was typing away at the computer.

“Okay listen to me Ching boy. I am a pregnant girl and if you don’t listen to what I say I will give birth to the baby right here, right now.” I hissed slowly starting to get really irritated. I don’t know what I was saying. To be honest, I don’t know why I was even avoiding Zayn in the first place.

Before the Chinese boy said another word, he looked around and immediately rolled his wheely chair on front of me. Okay, so a pregnant girl his hiding from this really cute guy for no reason which is why she is under a table and is creeping out a random guy I thought to myself. Yep. Sounds like me.

From between the boy’s legs I could see Zayn coming closer. He was about 2 metres away from me, but eventually he walked out of the library. I climbed out from under the desk and what do you know, the librarian was standing the glancing at me.