Chapter 23 - Unforgettable Date

“Josh!” I gasped. “Listen, I’m so sorry about everything I said before. I’m sorry if I offended you, if I asked too much for you and I know I took you for granted. Please forgive me, I love you. I really do,” I begged.

“It’s okay Hope. I forgive you. I hate fighting with you. Can you forgive me too? I said and did some things I truly regret, and I ignored what you had to say.” Josh said. The sorrow in his voice left and it was replaced by relief.

“Yes, of course! I know I don’t say “I love you” often enough, but that doesn’t mean I don’t love you. I was going to call you tomorrow and apologize…but you beat me to it.” I said. The weight on my shoulders lifted and the grey aurora around me seemed to have dissolved as soon as I told Josh everything I felt. I regretted being unfaithful to him, and doing some things I shouldn’t be doing behind his back.

“I know you do. I love you too, so much. I don’t know what’s been wrong with me the past few days and why we’ve been fighting so much, but I’m glad we’ve sorted things out. I think we should celebrate.” He exclaimed with enthusiasm.

“Celebrate? What do you have in mind?” I flirted. I put the lid of the toilet down and sat on it. I was still wrapped in my towel and my hair was slowly saturating it, but right now I couldn’t have cared less. I was so overwhelmed Josh and I sorted things out and telling him I love him felt … nice.

“I want to take you to a fancy new restaurant which was just finished built. It’s called Bella Cibo. It’s an Italian restaurant, and I know how much you love your Italian food. How’s that sound?”

“Oh my gosh, I’d love to come! That sounds so wonderful!” I sighed.

“The older theatre is also playing an old film. I know you’re not into Shakespeare and stuff…but I reckon you’d enjoy Romeo and Juliet.” He continued.

“This is starting to sound like a dream. Only in movies boyfriends take their girlfriends out to perfect dates like this.” I commented, smiling to myself.

“I think it will. Since it’s your Mum’s turn on having you this weekend, I’ll pick you up at 6:30pm.”

“Sounds good, I’ll see you then.”

“Awesome. I better get off the phone before the cops see me talking on the phone while driving. Anyway, you mean the world to me. I love you. I can’t wait for Sunday, it will be absolutely unforgettable. Bye.” Our call ended and I was still dripping wet. I was so much more relaxed and I could feel a huge smile spreading across my weary face.

Saturday came around quicker than I thought. Last night Dad dropped me off here, and now I was sitting by the table eating breakfast.

“Why so happy today?” She asked me. She was by the sink washing dishes.

“I have a date with Josh,” I said with a mouthful of cereal.

“Really? I’m glad you sorted everything out with him. Your father told me how much you two have been fighting recently, he was quite worried and he was going to send you back here with me.”

“Yeah I don’t know what that was. I think it was my fault and maybe I was having PMS mood swings or something. But who cares about that, I’m going to a perfect Italian restaurant having my favourite food, and we’re finishing the date of with Romeo and Juliet.” I sighed in admiration.

“Is that really how you’re going to finish off?” Mum said to me with a cheeky grin on her.

“Mum! Inappropriate! I’m not going to Josh’s house after the date, I’m coming back home. So don’t…just don’t touch on that topic again okay. I’ve learnt my lesson. I’m pregnant.” I explained.