Chapter 36 - Finishing the End

Hey everybody! This is the very last chapter of It Started With A Drunk! As you finish this chapter and finish this story you might notice that it might seem a little unfinished....but that's because I'm still writing an epilogue and then ISWADK will be 99% finished! the other 1% will be when I do a massive edit  on this entire story. 

Just a few tips when you're reading this chapter:

1. If you haven't heard the song 'The Sky's The Limit' by Jason Derulo then it would be good for you if you do because towards the end of this chapter you won't be just reading words, you'll have a tune and a beat in your head.

2. If you usually listen to music when you read fanfics or whatever, you can still do that for the first half of the chapter. But towards the end there are lyrics being sung and you won't really get the feel of the lyrics if you're listening to Take Me Home or something haha :] 

________________________________________________________________________________

The last few weeks before school ended blurred by. Free time wasn't very common especially with exams. Zayn and I spent as much time together as was necessary, but I had to push him away and make him sit down and study.

I didn't exactly "drop out" of school however; I just didn't do any exams. There was no point since I knew nothing. I was alone most of the times, but now that Zayn finished his last exam there was a big holiday break...right after the graduation party.

The scar on his forehead was faint and his leg was as good as new. I could say the same about myself. I was mentally stable and I reassured myself that the worst part was now over.

Zayn looked me up and down and I felt a wave of self-consciousness sweep over me. It was the night of graduation and we were by the apartment almost ready to leave. I wore a fitted violet dress that clung to my body showing my figure. There was a long slit from the middle of my right thigh at the side, going all the way down revealing some skin.

"What do you think?" I asked him when he never ended up saying anything.

"I'm speechless. You look beautiful and I will never understand how I got you."

I choked. I was coughing and sputtering, trying to get air in my lungs. I patted my chest roughly trying to settle my heart and lungs down before breathing again. 

"Um, are you okay?" I retorted. Zayn Malik, as in Zayn Malik who dropped out of the best part of heaven, just said aloud "how did I get you?"

"What?" he said innocently, shooting me one of his quick side smiles that sends my heart racing faster than lightening.

"Thank you, Zayn. You look handsome, red really suits you." I smiled back, coming closer to him and fixing up his tie. He was dressed in a red tuxedo, which might've seemed weird, but unsurprisingly he had pulled it off. He kissed me on my forehead, avoiding my lips so my lipstick wouldn't stain his.

We took a taxi to a huge evening restaurant that had a stage and a dance floor. The drive was silent, but peaceful. I wasn't sure about what was going through his mind but I can imagining he was reminiscing through the year, thinking of all the good things that have come out of it and wondering what could've been or what if.

When we arrived at the restaurant there were already many couples. Although Lorrie and Niall don't come to this school, they were here for the graduation party because Niall had to be here since he was performing with the other boys of One Direction. And I just invited Lorrie along.

Zayn stepped out of the car first, walked over to my side of the car and opened the door for me. He took my hand and together we walked into the party.