Chapter 13 - Torn

Once Zayn had left it was a little past 5pm. Crap! Dad will be coming home soon. I was a little bit lost and bedazzled so I made some 2 minute noodles because 2 minute noodles solves everything. I popped a packet with water into the microwave and once it finished beeping I sat on the couch. I didn’t even turn on the TV because I was too distracted with everything. First thing is first: I can’t tell him I’m pregnant. Not just yet, so that’s out of the question. How will I explain to him why I left though? I figured “I got lost on the way home” was an invalid answer. I can tell him part of the truth, I’m not going to lie…but exaggerating isn’t lying. Kind of.  

I kept thinking to myself, and replaying the image of the sides of Zayn’s mouth curve up as he smiled at me when I told him I loved him. Remembering him saying “I love you” back basically stopped my heart. How did I get pregnant if I have no ovaries? That boy is just too beautiful okay .I blinked and came back to reality.

“Hi honey, so. I think it’s time we talked,” a voice said. I turned and saw it was Dad.

“Oh. Hi dad, I didn’t hear you come in,” I said slurping loudly at my soup.

“I wouldn’t have expected you to notice, you were grinning at the TV … and it’s not even on.” My smile widened.

“Haha, I’m just happy!” I beamed at him.

“Well then, I’d be happy too if you explained to me what happened Monday,” Dad crossed his arms, and kneeled on the kitchen island.

“Thanks Dad. Good mood: GONE.” I moaned. I got up and put my bowl in the sink, then propped myself up on the empty bench beside the sink and took a big breath. “I was in a bad mood.”

Dad didn’t buy it. He raised his eyebrows and snorted. Okay, when I said I was going to tell him “part of the truth” … this was like one-hundredth of a fraction of the truth.

“How stupid do you think I am? I know you were probably out partying, getting drunk with some friends or even getting pregnant!” Dad yelled at me. I wanted to cry. If only you knew I was pregnant…

“DAD!” I yelled back. I laughed in disgust. Did he really expect me to be that immature? I gulped at the memory of Harry’s party. I was out partying with friends, I could’ve gotten drunk and I did get pregnant. But still… “Dad, how immature and stupid do you think I am? Before you go on judging me could you at least let me explain?”

“You have 30 seconds,” he huffed back.

“There is a girl who I really hate, and she hates me back –“

“Oh god, I see where this is going. You bitch slapped her didn’t you? Or hooked up with her boyfriend?” He interrupted.

“Do you want to hear the story or not? Because I can easily go and lock myself in my room and we can avoid talking to each other for the rest of the week,” I snapped back. He gestured for me to continue, seeming unimpressed.

As I was saying, her name is Delta. She’s the girlfriend of Zayn, my friend. I caught her cheating with one of the teachers at school…and well I kind of had a video of them like hooking up, and Zayn saw it. He ran to the Staff Office and he told everyone that his girlfriend was cheating on him with the sports teacher, Mr Patron. It was my entire fault, so Mr Patron will probably be kicked into Jail and Delta will be expelled or something. And it was all because of me.” I finished.

“But you’re dating that Josh boy?” Dad asked. Oh god, he got the totally wrong idea.

“Yes…Zayn’s just a friend. But whatever, aren’t you going to lecture me, tell me how stupid and worthless I am and send me to bed?” I was really pissed off.