11

Mid day hits and so do lunch breaks. 

"Wait here."

I lean back against the white wall of the hospital floor as Jooheon goes around the corner. As causal as possible I attempt to look down on my phone meanwhile sneaking glances of the hallway my friend walks down. His red hair was what catches the attention of two nurses, they roll their eyes at him. Jooheon of course takes that as a sign to to talk to them or so says our script. Yes that's right, all this is planned out. Today was established by Mark, Joohoen and I. Now was when we'd get our hands on information about the rumored being that might just have something to do with us. 

"Afternoon ladies..."

While Jooheon sweet talks the women, I keep a look out. It was as he'd said it'd be. Empty. 

While this floor's nurses were on break , only two were left to guard any patients. They were the worst among the staff there too which was why we chose this time for the execution of our plan. Jooheon keeps on talking to them despite the snide attitude they return him. Suddenly there's loud coughing, one that most would probably just ignore. However these women want to be as far from Jooheon as possible and so the two leave to check on the patient. 

I lean back against the wall until I hear my name be whispered. Jooheon has his head stuck in a room, I take my peak as well. There was Mark on his bed coughing violently, just like he said he would. Jooheon gives him a thumbs up and we move ahead. 

"You sure he can keep them busy for long?" I ask as we walk the corridor. "I mean how long can he cough for?"

Jooheon shrugged. "Not long but the real question is how long can he keep them in there."

My stomach feels light, twisting with uncertainty. What we were about to do wasn't exactly legal and so we took the most precaution we could. With it being lunchtime, no one was at their sharpest state and so it deemed the perfect timing for illegal activities. We arrive at a room at the end, a room filled with files. 

"Phone."

I hand Jooheon the device I fished from my pocket. 

"Now keep a look out."

My head peers out just slightly from the room, no one was in sight. The sound of papers being shuffled bounces off the walls. I urge Jooheon to hurry up, yet he ignores me. His head is dug into a file with only a few papers in it. 

"I think this is it..."

"Good!" I whisper harshly. "Let's get the hell out-"

"There's not much Yoongs-"

"Let's go!" 

We rush out of the room yet we aren't able to stay out of one for long. The voices of the woman gets louder as if they were entering the place as us. In a state of panic Jooheon pushes me into the opened room of a patient. I lean against the wall in hopes that our movement had gone unnoticed. I look to Jooheon for his reaction of the situation however he is no longer worried about that. 

There was a very pale young man laying motionless on the bed. 

Jooheon's eyes slowly gaze down to the screen of my phone which his hand holds so tightly. 

"It's him."

***

Files have been sent to JOOHEON!

Another weight has been lifted from my shoulders as the check blinks brightly on my screen. I set it down and look up to the incoming bodies that were joining us for dinner. Hoseok stands to greet the man besides Jin, Namjoon I assume. He hugs back warming however his eyes were on mine with a facial expression of disbelief. 

"Hyung!" 

Hoseok release him and he rushes over to my side, now I stand. I expect a sort of embrace from him immediately but it doesn't come. He simply stands there with watery eyes, staring at me like he couldn't believe I was really there in front of him. I glance over to my two other friends who urge Namjoon to quit the stiffness, only then does he hug me. 

"I'm so happy." He mutters in a voice that is on the verge of cracking." I really am."

We take a seat at the table of four and so a conversation takes off. Namjoon is a scientist, one who was always away because of work. Apparently he and I had been friends for a while yet how we met was a question that was completely ignored despite the times I asked. I let it be for I do not wish to ruin the reunion and so I let Namjoon tell us the stories of his travel. 

The scientist had been experimenting, something disclosed. He did visit more place than where he was destined to live, his experiences were amazing. As interesting as they were, I couldn't help but let my eyes slid to the screen of my phone. There is a single message of Jooheon thanking me for the sending him the pictures of the files. I expected more but the night is still young. The real break down of this young man in the coma wasn't until tomorrow but I hope for some sort of update. Among the feelings of urgency, an image accompanies my thoughts. That young man we shouldn't have seen. 

"To the return of my favorite boys." Jin raises his glass, causing me to return to the conversation. I hold up my wine glass and so we clink them together. Namjoon and I's eyes meet but quickly turns them elsewhere. In his odd stare there was a glint of an emotion unexpected, one of sorry. I ignore it but not completely. 

The night goes on graceful, there's smiles and laughs. Come the end of it, I'm exhausted. Hoseok stays behind with Jin as they speak to a woman in need of directions while Namjoon leads me out. There we stand side by side with only the wind to speak between us, that was until he interrupted it. 

"How has it been since you've woken?"

I had told him already during conversations at the table, he notices my confusion. 

"Sorry, I should have elaborated...How's your brain?"

"Excuse me?"

The question appeared far too intrusive. Even if we had been friends for so long, we aren't so friendly now. And quite frankly who asks how one's brain is doing? A freaking scientist is who.He shakes his head and asks for me to forgive his words. I was about to when we were rejoined by our friends. I bid my goodbye to Jin then to his husband who embraces me once more. 

"I am so sorry."

Namjoon mutters those words so quietly yet so loudly. I feel a metaphorical weight fall among the rest I carry in my being as he moves away. I am left there standing, watching him go further away from us. The man has been more than just a friend, but not a lover. I can not put my finger on it but our relationship must have surpassed some sort of barrier for me to feel such an odd way about him. I let it be for now though but a single thought lingers in my head. 

Kim Namjoon has something haunting him and I can bet my whole damn life that I've got something to do with it. 

~'~'~'

Sorry for typos!

Hope you enjoyed! 

{Ciel1l}