36

My head bumps the wall of an apartment I felt like I haven't been in so long. Warmth starts to close in on my cold body that after much pacing, it's finally freed from the outside. If I was in the right mind to care, I'd be shivering but my head is elsewhere to even be thinking of doing so. My eyes look to the light shining down on me as other eyes look at me strangely. 

"You still haven't explain why you came to my house in the middle of the night Yoongi."

Red hair and then a face cloud my vision followed by blonde hair and the face of the owner. I sigh and sit up right to look them both, they seemed put off as well as concerned by my appearance. 

"Why didn't you guys tell me you were hanging out? You could have invited you know." I scoffed as to change the subject. However these guys aren't friends I just met, they don't buy pretend attitude. Both take seats at my side, saying nothing. 

There's a bothering silence along with tension in the air as we just sit there like a trio of the vegetables people, dumb and speechless. 

"We can't help you if you don't tell us anything Yoongi."

"Stop hiding things from us, brothers don't do that."

If only they knew this brother of theirs had cheated even though promising he wouldn't be doing so anymore. He, I, made a promise to not become who he feared, to not become who he use to be yet here we are now doing just that. Breathing a cheater and hurting people's feelings all over again. I really am terrible. 

"I did it again."

They look between each other, not comprehending what exactly it was that I repeated. I tell them with a face full of shame but they don't bash me for it. They listen like the friends they are, closely without muttering a word to interrupt my disgraceful words. I confess the lies I've told, the sneaking around I've done, and the infidelity I've committed but they say nothing. Jooheon and Mark do what I need them to do, nothing. 

Eventually the silence gets too much to bear so I speak. 

"Want to play some games and drown in whatever posion you have?" 

They boys look to each other as if coming to the decision together with just eye contact. Jooheon was completely for it I could tell but Mark was skeptical but we made him give. We cheer at out victory and send the red head into the kitchen to get us what we wanted while the two of us set up the console. As I search for the right cable Mark get a message that sparks a light into his eyes. 

"I got it! Heon I got it!" He screams then runs out of the room the quickest I have ever seen him do. I leave the device to see what the commotion is all about. What I find upon my arrival is the two crowding the screen of Mark's phone, look amazed by what they see. 

"Is everything alright?" I ask which catches their attention. 

"Good news!" They say in unison. 

The explaining takes place over food and beer, a great combination with the great news I was given. Mark outburst of being done with the whole investigation was only temporary, he had continued to look for his assigned part of the puzzle. Much time ago when we gathered in the very apartment he was asked to find background on the certain nurse's whose story was not adding up and to our dismiss he did. 

Taehyung isn't just a nurse, he's a scientist. 

"Dr. Kim Taehyung, an experimental scientist who worked in a lab until four years ago." Mark read from his phone. "He resigned the very next morning the first one of us to sleep fell into his coma." 

Mark looks between us with a smirk that causes celebration among us until reality hits us again and we're back to having a thousand questions. Before we can ask any of them, Mark continues on to read the report. 

"He worked with chemicals, things that affect the brain. Supposedly his project in the company had to do with boosting brain activity among those who lacked it..."

"So he was trying to wake parts of the brain?" Jooheon asks.

"Or was he trying to keep parts awake?"

It is then while they think over the single question that things connect.

Jimin never did tell me just in what form my experiment was. He had not mentioned a pill, a hookup to machines, nothing. Taehyung must have been the answer. It must have been him that created the final product that sent me to sleep, all of us to sleep. Seeing the day was just beginning and the one person who had answers was in town, we were getting those answers today.

I get up from my seat and motion for my brothers to do the same. 

"Boys, I think we've got to go pay a certain crazy a visit."

~'~'~'

Wattpad was telling me I didn't have authority to edit the story, UHHHH EXCUSE ME?

Hope you enjoyed! 

{Ciel1l}