13

Half past six, half past dinner time.

"Maybe under the carpet?"

This is ridiculous, honestly the stupidest thing ever. I stare at Jooheon's rear end for it is the only part of him I can see. He's bend over searching underneath the bed in my room. We are attempting to find my journal or at least trying to find something to help us. To say the least we are right back where we started except exhausted and hungrier. 

"I want to take a nap." I whine. "Just stop it already." 

In a swift movement he pulls his head from underneath, hair filled with dust bunnies. 

"Listen sleepy boy, help me before your roommate comes home and we're busted."

"He's right you know."

I completely forgot about Mark, he's here too. His recovery has been much faster than the rest of us surprisingly and so he is now able to walk around with clutches. In saying so, he was also useless unless it was to yell orders. Regardless, I heed his words and join Joohoen under steel bars that hold up my bed. There's nothing, seriously nothing yet he searches the dark for anything. 

"It's all dust."

Jooheon sighs. "Then think Yoongi, where would you hide something only you'd have access to?"

We come out from underneath and rest our backs on the wall. Jooheon did say that he had found his journal by accident while he scavenged a drawer. He hadn't found it on the inside with all the other things. The book was hidden within the walls of the wooden piece. The way Jooheon found it was with a kick he didn't mean to give it. I couldn't think of any place though, not yet at least. 

"What about Mark? He must have a journal too right?" 

At the mention of his name my friend looks up from the framed picture he was observing. Mark shrugs, we haven't exactly discussed much about him either. We aren't sure how exactly he is included in what appeared to be a scientific experiment, according to what we found in Jooheon's journal. We have come to find that Mark was part of the police force, a detective. He wasn't tied with us in the same field of education yet somehow we befriended him along the way of our lives. We also have come to realize that didn't matter as of right now, what mattered was reaching the deadline. A deadline to find what was going on, or to get close at least. The due date will be the day that Hansol Vernon Choi can help us with his findings. Perhaps through him we could gather the missing clues and come to learn what's been hidden from us. For now we stick by that.

"Any places in mind?" 

Mark looks down, searching his mind for possible places for his journal. If we found his then there might also be a description of what this experiment was. We were all hopeful. As of right now we decide to take a break to get some food in our systems. There we discuss some new findings in the latest investigation. Jooheon had come to find pictures are missing from his journal, they were ripped off. Someone has toyed with his journal.

"Maybe I did it for a reason." Jooheon says as he looks through the menu at the restaurant. "I mean only I could have access to it no?"

"We don't know that for sure." I add. "And hurry up with finding something, we haven't got all day for you."

"We do-"

"Shut up Mark."

My friend does keep quiet. With his meal picked, he finds distraction on his phone. Meanwhile I am left to point out almost every dish to Jooheon in order to get him to even consider picking one. He's a picky eater, annoying one too. We go about the whole damn menu until he decides to settle for chicken tender and french fries.

"You know something don't add up." Mark says, his eyes looking at the screen of his phone with furrowed eyebrows. 

Nothing adds up but I am intrigued to see what he has to say. I want to hear something else that is not Jooheon's whiny grunt when I suggest a meal. 

"What's a nurse in training got to do in professionals work?"

That nurse that he speaks of is Kim Taehyung, his name was also founded on the list. 

"He hasn't been training for eight years Mar...wait."

Jooheon's looks up, eyes widened. A discovery has been made and like the rest, we are left confused. Taehyung is currently training, sure he's young but not that young. The book marks back to about eight years ago, he couldn't have been in med school then. 

"He's the one from the therapy sessions right?" Mark asks. "He doesn't strike me as much of a smart one."

It is true that Taehyung doesn't seem to be the brightest but we couldn't base him off his super bubbly personality and cartoon reference jokes. This is weird, very weird. If this book was written about eight years ago then why in the world was Taehyung there and what was his purpose?

"Mark you're up." I say as I come to realize that only one of us could find that out. The only one still in therapy sessions. Mark tilts his head, confused for a second. When he finally comes to realize why I said what I did does he nod. 

Kim Taehyung was involved, it was up to Mark to find out why and who he really is.

~'~'~'

I've been slacking so much smh 

Hope you enjoyed! 

{Ciel1l}