40

"Sounds like things have been rough since I've last seen you." 

I nod my head to that, it sure has been a ride since the last time I saw the young face in front of me. My warm drink provides heat for my cold hands as I recall all that I've been through in the past month. My whole life turned upside down, some in good ways and others not so much. 

I live in a small apartment now, only myself. Hoseok and I split ways indefinitely the day after the outburst in the hospital and since then I've heard nothing of him nor I have I seen him. No longer do I speak to my doctor friends, only every now and then do I see them, only when I visit Hansol. He's been a positive change though. Hansol's recovering is going much better than we all thought it would and it's been great reconnecting with him. My two other friends, Mark and Jooheon are finally resting well at night unlike myself. I still suffer to sleep so I've taken up a new hobby to keep me busy and a new job to slow all my thinking.

"It's been okay," I say. "how about you? When's the next time I'll be seeing you again?"

Jungkook tilts his head with uncertainty. "Just a few more times in the incoming months. The campaign I'm working on here is soon to be done so once it is, so am I. I don't plan on come back anymore after that unless I definitely need to. My brother seems to be doing fine, especially now that he has you again."

In saying that about Jimin, I wouldn't be so sure. He and I have distanced ourselves in the past month despite not being close before. I've been readjusting to life on my own with a fresh mindset and he hasn't been all that involved in it. Of course I see him every so often, mostly when I run into him at the hospital when he too visits Hansol. Aside from that, our relationship had stayed mutual. 

"Keep an eye out for him either way, I am of not much help to him. In fact, I am of no help to anyone right now." I inform him to which he looks surprised. 

"So you and my brother haven't tried to rekindle anything?" Jungkook asks all the sudden more interested in our conversation. "Are you going to?"

I shrug. "I don't know."

Frankly, I had no opinion in returning with Jimin. I was blank on the thought of it and it was all because of what Hoseok last said to me. After he had been broken apart from his fight with Jimin, he and I spoke outside the room. He called me a fool and many other unpleasant names. Once he calmed himself the slightest bit he declared how the future for us looked like, nothing. He was leaving the apartment along with our pup and we were to no longer know anything of each other. One last thing he had said to me though stayed with while I was awake and even while I wasn't trying to be, he called Jimin toxic. The words replayed in my head at least once a day, I can't help but dwell on them. My ex-partner was raging as he said those words but in his voice I sensed something that leaves me on edge whenever I remember his tone. Hoseok may not been in his right mind that day but those words sure did seem to be. 

My meeting with Jungkook comes to an early end when his brother calls me saying he had something important that he needed to show me. I bid the visitor a farewell in a hug that was lasting and reassured me in a way I hadn't been in so long. Jungkook left with a grin and I with even more clouded thoughts. 

I drove to the address that had been sent to me.  I now stand in the entrance that is where I dreamed of residing for two years. 

My memories of my afterlife during my coma have flooded in slowly over the past month or so, they're hazy but this place in front of me is not. Into the cemetery I step forward, followed by Jimin at my side.

"The reason the experiment even started is right here."

We come to a stop on a grave decorated in beautiful white roses. I didn't bring my own to set down for I had no idea I was to be here. It's a small stone, unlike most of them. What stands out the most of it though is the teddy bear that lays against it. It's old, that anyone can see but what was really eye catching of it was that it had a name tag. Jimin bends down to pick up and shows me what exactly it is says. 

Agust

"Who is this?" I ask Jimin. 

"Mark Lee, the person that drove you right to where you are now. The whole reason you even started the experiment Yoongi. It's the last missing piece to your puzzle."

Jimin tells me the story behind this young boy whose grave we stand in front of. He had died from a kidney failure. The doctors were not quick in getting him a replacement so he passed away due to that unfortunate delay. I had met Lee during my teenage years during community service at a children's hospital. The bear that was set on his grave was one I gave to him and he named Agust, he believed it would save him. It was from that bear where I had earned the nickname only few had dared to call me. 

"After he passed away...you promised to do something for kids, people like him. You wanted to send those suffering to a place where they were in their sleep and keep them there until they no longer were in pain during their reality." Jimin rubs my should sympathetically. 

This life long goal I had set for myself has all been for this one little boy who until now I had never even heard of. I feel as if I should shed some tears to mourn for him but I can't, I don't remember him so it'd be fake. Still though, I lay my hand on the top of his grave wishing he rests well. It is then that I see the day he died, it's today. It's unfortunate that even on this very day in which in the past I probably cried so much, I cannot do so now. It's alright for when the time comes and I will remember him, then and only then will I cry and feel the success in my experiment. I feel a pride and joy for it now but I won't feel it complete until the real reason I've done this all for comes clearly back to mind. 

"Agust, you did it."

Guess I did. 

~'~'~'

Just the epilogue to go! (It'll be out before the end of the year!)

Hope you enjoyed! 

{Ciel1l}