27

Heard you're not dead anymore, want to meet? 

I stare down at the message wondering just who the random number could belong to. I asked Hoseok this morning before he left for work, he had not a clue who it could be from. Apparently mostly everyone close to me was aware of 'my revival' as he calls it. Whoever it is I am about to find out because the number is being dialed. 

It takes only a few rings for the other side to pick up. 

"Am I speaking to the dead?"

The voice belongs to a young male with clearly a cocky attitude. I do not know his face yet somehow I can see a forming smirk as he waits for my response. 

"You might be...who's this?"

There is a chuckle before an answer. "Why your favorite brat. It's good to hear your voice Hyung, I'd like to see you. Are you free today?"

This kid didn't answer my question but it's not like he's the first nor will he be the last. I agree to meet the stranger out of curiosity. He settles our meeting at noon in the park, where he claims we use to go a lot together. I spend the rest of my morning lounging about, taking Holly out for a walk, and chatting with Jooheon who thought it was the best thing to do instead of staying attentive to his job. We revisit the outburst of Mark who we have not heard about since. He's reevaluating and who could blame him. I think it's time perhaps I do the same. 

The time for meeting with a complete stranger arrives so I decide to Holly along with me in case something goes rogue which at this point I frankly don't think it can. We agree to meet under a blossom tree besides a stand selling some delicious smelling treat. The clock tick to the fifth minute he is late and I stand. 

"Well I waited." I huff as I tug at Holly's collar to get going however he barks loudly but not at me. As if worms filled his body, it shook violently that I had no choice but to let him go and run after him. He stops at a young man whose on his knees, arms opened to welcome him. I am left to only stare as the two greet each other happily. 

"Missed me?" The young brunette says suddenly but not at whom I assumed to. 

"I uh..."

"Don't remember?" He sighs. "I figured."

The muscular man in the white shirt stands on his feet revealing that he at a height greater than mine. He adjust his cap before asking to sit down where I was once did so. He is indeed younger than me as expected, much younger. He teeth remind my of bunnies and his attitude to someone I couldn't put my finger on. The stranger introduced himself as Jungkook once I told him about my memory wipe. 

"What a shame."He sighs loudly. "So non of our fights are in there any more?"

I shake my head but ask him to elaborate. He says he would, after I buy him some of the food being sold near us. I do as he asks and we sit in a quieter part of the park in which Holly takes off to play with another pup. Jungkook continues on eating his treat while I wait impatiently for him to finish. As he does so I come to notice something I couldn't quite name until now. This boy reminds me of someone I can't name nor put a face to. 

"Are you going to tell me how we know each other now?"

Jungkook presses his lips together before he lets his head fall forward into a shake. "I should have known he wouldn't mention me. I'm Jimin's brother."

And that was who clouded my thoughts indirectly. Jungkook goes on to tell me that his brother contacted him the very day I showed up to let him know of his presence back on the earth. The boy was in town as it was for work so he thought he'd take some time to visit the old and awoken soul. He explains that we had met when he was still a teenager, when both Jimin and I were only friends. 

"So how was it?"

"What?"

"Seeing my brother again with no memory of the shitty things you guys did together?" 

"Excuse me?"

Jungkook huffed air out and let the breeze carry it else where. "Oh Hyung, it really is a shame that you've lost your memories. The old you would have hit me over the head and asked I speak clearer."

I did exactly that and  it took the young man by surprise. He misses the old me and I want him to speak clearer, it works out for both of us. 

"Well fine, if you've got to be like that. I'm just talking about when before Jimin starting loosening the screw in his head. You saw him, you know what I mean."

Loose screw? 

We don't speak for sometime. I am lost in deep thought as seems to be so the younger man besides me. It wasn't a silence that was unsettling, if anything it was the opposite. A phone call interrupts it and Jungkook distracts himself elsewhere. All the sudden he raises from the bench and says he must go. I stand with him and engulf him a quick hug in which he says what some have said before him and what gives me hope.

"Don't let my brother fool you, remember that the rumors are half true. Wait for me Hyung, I've got what you're looking for."

The young man pressed his forehead to the side of my head for a few seconds then leaves me to watch him walk away. 

~'~'~'

I'm alive but also dead at the same time. Life's got me fucked up so I do apologize for any other late updates.  

Hope you enjoyed!

{Ciel1l}