Chapter 16- Comfort

Okay. I got my shit together. Again, sorry there was a lack of updates this summer. So anyways, Imma update Thursday. And then I have to take a break for two weeks because I have camp and we aren't allowed electronics. Then after that I'll continuously update Tuesdays OR Thursdays. Just cuz if something happens Tuesday I can try and get it in for Thursday and vice versa I guess. Thanks for all your wonderful support! ...... I TALK TOO MUCH ENJOY THE CHAPTER!!!!!!
-----------------------------------

Papyrus led you through Waterfall, explaining a bit of things that happened while you were 'dead'. More on how Sans was depressed and blaming himself, more on his nightmares, which constantly had ended in him screaming out your name and then bursting into silent tears. More on how Temmie became silent and sad until they realized you were alive. They were all bent on saving you from Undyne.

In return, you told Papyrus what you could remember of the torture and experiments that you had to undergo.

The entire walk, you felt stings on some cuts that you hadn't noticed before, a couple irritated bumps over veins (which you could only assume was from a reaction to a serum) ,scars all over your torso began to hurt a bit and your muscles ached from not being used in a while.

For the rest of the journey, you and Papyrus walked for a while, into different amazing passages in Waterfall. They were beautiful and most had something that glowed in the dark.

Finally, As you and Papyrus turned on another glowing lamp thing and walked along a dark path, Papyrus informed you that you would soon reach where they set up camp.

"Don't be alarmed at the creatures living in the village. They're creepy, like all of us, but they just love money. They don't kill often, so we're safe." Papyrus said, turning on another glowing lamp as you followed him along the dark pathways.

"They don't kill often? Often? Well that's reassuring...." You think.

Papyrus kept illuminating the lamps as you passed.  After a several more lamps shone into the darkness then shut off, Papyrus suddenly stopped, resulting into you almost crashing into him.

"Why'd you stop?" You ask the skeleton.

"I just thought of something. We're almost there. I need to tell you before we go in." Came the reply.

"Oooookaaaay...." You said, a bit unsure.

Papyrus turned around and looked you in the eye, towering over you. "Sans will be out by tomorrow. I'm sure of it. If he isn't, we'll go help him, but I doubt that'll be the case. So you'll see him soon."

You let out a mini sigh of relief that Sans would be okay but then you questioned the tall skeleton standing over you.

"Why was this so important?" You ask, unsure of why he had to tell you before you saw Temmie and whatever money loving creatures were in this village.

"Because.... Because I realize Sans needs you.  And you need him. I'll continue being his brother, but you can have his heart. And I'm glad that it's you he's chosen to love." Papyrus responded.

Your eyes widen and your gaze quickly shoots to the ground. "Did I hear what I thought I heard? What? I must be losing what's left of my mind. Undyne must've done something to me that made me hear things. Yeah... That has to be it." You think. You raise your head back up to tell Papyrus that you needed him to repeat what he said because you heard wrong, but as soon as you looked at him, your mind immediately changed.

He was smiling. Truly smiling. He was smiling a smile with so many emotions jumbled into it that it came right from the heart. You knew at this point what you heard Papyrus say was all true.