Chapter 17- Dream

Crunch.

The sound of leaves being crushed under feet echoed through the silence.

A raven called, and your eyes shot open.

You were standing in a forest of black, white and gray. A light wind blew through the leaves.

"Sans? Temmie? Papyrus?" You called out as you slowly started to carefully walk forward. The leaves crunched under your feet.

You were almost certain that this wasn't the underground.

A raven called again, startling you. You jumped and turned around, and you saw a raven's black wings disappear behind some trees. You turned forward and kept walking.

You shivered as you watched your breath come out of your mouth in the crisp air.

You kept walking. After a while, you decided to call out again. Just in case.

"Sans?!" You called out. "Temmie?!" You continued to walk forward. "Papyrus?!"

No answer. Just the now familiar sound of your feet crunching leaves underneath you.

Shivering, you stop in your tracks and look around. "Sans...?" You call quietly.

A raven's cry rang out into the forest again, startling you. You heard rustling and whipped around to find a raven staring back at you from the ground.

You both stared at eachother for a while. There was something familiar about the eyes of the raven. Something comforting. Something before the underground happened to you. Something... No, someone....

"......Mom.......?" You ask hesitantly. It was the eyes. The way the the raven looked at you. It was the look your mother gave you. The one where she would look at you, with pride, joy and a loving aurora of comfort.

As if like magic, the raven lowered its head, then gracefully transformed into your mother in a beautiful black feather dress.

She smiled at you, and you rushed to hug her. She embraced you in her arms, holding you tight.

"Mom.." You whispered. You pulled away from the hug a bit to see your mothers face. She was smiling at you with tears in her eyes.

"I'm so proud of you." She said. Her voice was the same as it was before, but it was more distant and faded.

"Proud of me... for what?" You asked.

"Taking care of yourself all these years. Taking care of your friend Temmie, Sans, Papyrus. For staying kind and gentle, and teaching others to do so, even if it took a bit of encouragement. I'm sorry I had to leave you." She was crying, and you were too. The both of you hugged for what seemed like eternity until you pulled back a bit. You noticed she was fading a bit.

"Mom.." You said, slight panic in your voice. "I have to leave soon. It'll will be okay my child. Just remember all the things I taught you." She brushed a loose strand of your hair behind your ear. She was fading quickly now.

"I love you." You mother said to you, as she faded away.

"I love yo-"

A giant creature of black goop in the shape of a terrifying monster crashed down behind your mother. It grabbed her fading body and began to tear it apart. Limb from limb. Her skin was starting to scorch from the heat of this... thing... She was screaming.

You cried out. "Mom!" You couldn't move. You were crying now.

The monster was turned away from you, eating your mothers now fully visible corpse. The trees around you began falling into this abyss of black goop. It was closing in.

The monster turned around, and what you saw terrified you. It had the same gleaming eyes and freakish smile that Undyne had. It's mouth was surrounded in blood. You couldn't move. You couldn't scream. All you could do was watch.

Laughing, the monster pushed you, and you began to fall into the endless sea of black goop, your hand reaching out in front of you, trying to grab onto anything.

But you failed, and you just kept falling, the monster above you laughing a very demented version of Undyne's laugh, echoing through your head.

------------------------------------------------------
Hehehe... Oops. Forgot to publish it last night. Good thing I figured it out today and not days later, eh? Hope ya humans, potatoes, soulless demons, candy bars and cats alike enjoyed. PEACE OUT!!! SEE YUH LATER!!!

(Word count: 712 words)