•Prologue•

I squealed as I talked to my agent, Lili, over the phone.

"Oh just tell me, already!" I exclaimed, too anxious to find out.

"You did it!" She said and I screamed excitedly. I began to jump around happily and heard her laughing on the other line.

"Congratulations, Kristen!" She exclaimed and I smiled, near tears.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you," I remarked and attempted to calm my racing heart.

"Soooo," I began and bit my bottom lip.
"Who is it?"

"You really wanna know?" She teased me. I laughed, out of breath from my personal celebration.

"O-of course I do!" I insist and sat on the edge of my bed.

She took a breath, making me wait 2 more seconds too long.
"It's Charlie Puth," she answered and I stood up, immediately jumping up and down.

I loved Charlie's work, I had for a long time now. His voice was so incredible.

"Oh my, God!" I squealed as I was jumping. Lili laughed.

"Start packing, honey," she told me.
"Bus leaves on Monday."

I smiled and thanked her and hung up. Then I sped downstairs to tell my Mom the news.

"Mom! Lili just called," I said. She looked up from chopping vegetables for our dinner.

"And?" She put down her knife and wiped her hands off.

"I got it!" I declared and her face lit up with pride.

"Oh, sweetheart!" Her eyes filled with tears and she wrapped me up into a tight hug.
"I'm so proud of you," she said into my hair.

I smiled and wiped her tears away.
"I'm so happy, Mom," I smiled widely and she returned it.

"So, tell me, who will you be opening for?" She asked.

"Charlie Puth," I answered and watched her reaction. She smiled and attempted to look happy for me, though I knew she had no clue who that was.

My mom never had truly understood my music. She smiled and hummed along to some of my songs, but she was a woman who had always preferred classical music while she drank her coffee in the morning. Nevertheless, she was my number one supporter.

She hugged me again and went back to chopping vegetables at the island.

"When do you leave?" She quizzed and glanced at me.

"Lili said the bus leaves Monday," I stated and she nodded.

"Better start packing, then," she smiled and I nodded.

"I'll start packing right now," I agreed and raced back upstairs to my room.

I immediately took my phone out and posted my announcement on Snapchat, Instagram, and Twitter, tagging Charlie in all three. Then I turned on some pop music and danced along to it while I packed for my 5 month trip across North America and South America.

This tour was going to be fun.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~