•10•

"Give it up for Charlie Puth, everyone!" I shout and the crowd goes insane before falling silent when he begins to sing. I look for Lili, who seems to be nowhere in sight. Maybe she's with Peggy....I shudder to myself.

So, I lean against a wall and admire Charlie singing his heart out. I hum along with him some. When he starts One Call Away, he doesn't even look at me. I stare and wait for him to at least glance over but he never does. My heart sinks a little in my chest. He was really taking this "staring over" shit seriously.

When he concluded the show and said goodbye to the audience, he walked in my direction behind the stage. I smiled as he approached me.

"Great show, Char-" my sentence was interrupted by him rushing past me, as if I'd never said a word. As if we were....strangers.

My heart sank a little more when I saw his tall, lean figure head into a small room backstage. I saw some teens smile widely when they saw him and he began to sign autographs and take pictures. That was our thing. We always did it together.

I decided to get out of there as quickly as possible. I couldn't stand the sight or thought or possibility of him ignoring me. I understand that this is all my fault, but it still hurt. It hurt to know he could be happy without me. Because I sure couldn't.

I strolled out to where our bus was parked and stood there for a moment, taking in the warm night air. It sucked to think I still had 4 more months to deal with Charlie drama. I sighed and stepped onto the bus, where the lights were dim as usual.

I couldn't bear to sit on the couch, so I went and sat on the bed. I sat and wrote in my journal for a bit before I heard someone enter the bus.

Charlie walked into the bed space and laid down on his bed without a word. I stared at him for a moment before he finally muttered something.

"What was that?" I asked casually.

"I said," he snapped and sat up to look at me.
"We'll be at the hotel in 5 minutes."

I narrowed my eyes at him and walked into the lounge area, where I plopped down onto a chair.

After a few minutes, I felt the bus halt and stepped off as the driver handed me my luggage. I rolled it into the lobby and got my key, heading up to Charlie and I's room. I quickly took out my things and hopped into the shower.

Letting the warm water trickle down my shoulders, I stood completely still and felt my chest hurting from the heartbreak of losing Charlie. Although I'd just met him a little over a month ago, he had already consumed my thoughts and my heart. I began to cry, something I hadn't done in a long time.

This was my fault. All my fault. He obviously hadn't had a problem with the pace our relationship was moving at, so why did I? I was the one at fault. Everything was all on me. The thoughts made my shoulders heavy and I cried harder, keeping the noise down so Charlie didn't hear me.

I finished my breakdown (kind of) and got dressed in my sleeping clothes. I walked out of the room to see Charlie on the phone. He was grinning from ear-to-ear and blushing like a kid in love.

"Oh, I gotta go," he quickly said when he saw me standing at the edge of my bed, curiously watching him.

I heard a muffled girl's voice on the other line and immediately became concerned.